HVAC Airflow never stops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2018 LC and am curious if this is normal condition. No matter what I do, I can not get the airflow to fully stop coming out of the HVAC vents. If I hit the off button, air still comes through and can be quite cold. I can't remember if this is how it always was, but it seems to be a new phenomenon. As a side note, not sure if this is related, but the cool box (refrigerator) in the center console seems to not have cold air coming out of the vents any more either. For a few months it would stay cold for 45 mins to an hour, then a slight whistling starts nad it blows warm air.

Make sure the cool box is off. Even if you turn the HVAC off, if the cool box is on, the ac is still running and you will feel cold air coming out of the vents. Took me a year to figure out.

I also set the air to defrost and then turn the system off.
The air then just hits the windshield, issue solved.

Ah, thanks both. I definitely run the cool box all the time...never know when you need a cold drink!

Make sure the cool box is off. Even if you turn the HVAC off, if the cool box is on, the ac is still running and you will feel cold air coming out of the vents. Took me a year to figure out.
Piggy backing on this, another "feature" of the coolbox is if it's too cold outside, then your coolbox won't cool because the AC compressor won't run.

Piggy backing on this, another "feature" of the coolbox is if it's too cold outside, then your coolbox won't cool because the AC compressor won't run.
Yes, I knew that. It's actually getting warmer here in MA now and the box is only blowing warm air. I'm guessing something is up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom