No longer - Disappointed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do want to make it clear, my rants here are just rants.

I absolutely love this vehicle, in roughly 8 months of ownership, I have been incredibly impressed by the capabilities, comfort, aesthetics, and literally everything else!

Hopefully this will be an easy fix this time, and I will be back on/off the road shortly!

Tell these ding dongs to take the dash out of the vehicle then sit in there with someone dousing the truck with water to see were its leaking. I agree with others this 100% sounds like a water damage issue. Forgive me for asking but do you live in an area with salty roads for winter or did the vehicle come from a "rust belt" area?

I do want to make it clear, my rants here are just rants.

I absolutely love this vehicle, in roughly 8 months of ownership, I have been incredibly impressed by the capabilities, comfort, aesthetics, and literally everything else!

Hopefully this will be an easy fix this time, and I will be back on/off the road shortly!
Your patience is admirable. That truck would not be coming back to my house, this would be the end of the line for me.

I would be well past the rant stage and possibly the ‘head on a pike’ stage… figuratively, of course.

I would be pressing to investigate water ingress at the very least.

Tell these ding dongs to take the dash out of the vehicle then sit in there with someone dousing the truck with water to see were its leaking. I agree with others this 100% sounds like a water damage issue. Forgive me for asking but do you live in an area with salty roads for winter or did the vehicle come from a "rust belt" area?
I completely agree with you,

Truck spent most of its time in Texas, is now in Washington, and is spotless inside and out.

I have tried to “track” when this happens, but it doesn’t seem to correspond with heavy rain, or anything else at this point.

Hopefully we find out today!

I would be well past the rant stage and possibly the ‘head on a pike’ stage… figuratively, of course.

I would be pressing to investigate water ingress at the very least.
I want to figure out if there is a higher level than the dealership I can contact to investigate. At this point I’m just thankful for the warranty that comes with every “repair”… :”)

I want to figure out if there is a higher level than the dealership I can contact to investigate. At this point I’m just thankful for the warranty that comes with every “repair”… :”)
If the service manager or general manager aren’t helping I’d track down the guy whose name is on the sign out front.

Good luck, I can only hope to have the patience you’re exhibiting here. I’ve found that the closer to 50 I get the fewer ‘F’s I have to pass around.

If the service manager or general manager aren’t helping I’d track down the guy whose name is on the sign out front.

Good luck, I can only hope to have the patience you’re exhibiting here. I’ve found that the closer to 50 I get the fewer ‘F’s I have to pass around.
Thank you Artie, at 22 there’s still a lot of F’s in my vault. I will add calling the big guy to my list, great advice!

If you do end up going the trade route I hope you find your way into another (albeit less problematic) 200 Series.

Update:

Toyota called me this morning to say the truck was running and staring just fine! They checked all of their repairs and there is nothing out of the ordinary. My service advisor asked if I had had the windshield replaced recently, which is true. He let me know the carpet was wet, and that me seat heaters were on, even with the truck off.

Now to battle it out with Allstar auto glass…

When was the windshield replaced? Before the first failure or before the 3rd? I was about to ask if the windshield had ever been replaced up to your last post.
Dealership incompetence at its worst. They get paid to do the warranty work and leave the cause alone so they can do it again. Wheel turning round and round. Going back Jack do it again...

When was the windshield replaced? Before the first failure or before the 3rd? I was about to ask if the windshield had ever been replaced up to your last post.
Dealership incompetence at its worst. They get paid to do the warranty work and leave the cause alone so they can do it again. Wheel turning round and round. Going back Jack do it again...
Windshield was replaced after the 2nd failure. I really want to believe this is on the dealer, however the heated seat issues, and now proof of water leakage makes me think they’re right on this one being the glass company.

Steely Dan fan?

Gotcha. I worry about having my windshield replaced for the same reason. I did have my moonroof glass unexpectedly explode and a shop here did a good job replacing it. The dealer uses them for all their glass. If ever needed I'll go to them. They listen good and I'll let them know about all the trouble with the cowling etc.

Gotcha. I worry about having my windshield replaced for the same reason. I did have my moonroof glass unexpectedly explode and a shop here did a good job replacing it. The dealer uses them for all their glass. If ever needed I'll go to them. They listen good and I'll let them know about all the trouble with the cowling etc.
I took the same route as you, I knew from a previous repair (different vehicle) that Toyota contracts All Star auto glass for their repairs. Based on this I figured using them would be the safe route. Seems my judgement was off hahaha.

Hopefully they own up to this and make it right!

I really hope you weren’t in the car when your moon roof exploded???

Could you expand on this moonroof explosion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom