What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Painted the bumper black, but got it dusty.

Screenshot_20230507_174638_Gallery.jpg

20230507_144823.jpg

How much of a PITA was that blower motor to replace?
Not as bad as you'd think. 5 screws total. and it drops out fairly easily with a little coaxing. 1 banana :banana: job for sure

I was putting this off for 6 months because I thought it was more difficult than it actually was. The motor bearings were shot and it was getting annoyingly loud.

FYI, PN 87103-60481 HVAC Blower Motor $141.26

I think my center speaker is on his way out too, got a good source and price?

Carlock Toyota of Tupelo. I paid for shipping, but no tax. I guess it all depends on your home state sales tax rate. This was about the cheapest I could find (but I also needed to bundle with HVAC blower motor, so that price also factored into it)

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
86160-60660​
Inst Panel Speaker​
$125.00​
1​
$125.00​

Carlock Toyota of Tupelo. I paid for shipping, but no tax. I guess it all depends on your home state sales tax rate. This was about the cheapest I could find (but I also needed to bundle with HVAC blower motor, so that price also factored into it)

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
86160-60660​
Inst Panel Speaker​
$125.00​
1​
$125.00​
Thanks, ordering it now. Pretty easy replacement yes, pop the grate, unclip old, in with the new, replace grate…done?

Thanks, ordering it now. Pretty easy replacement yes, pop the grate, unclip old, in with the new, replace grate…done?
Correct. the tabs on the speaker cover all pull straight up, so you have to work around the grille as you remove it. Be sure not to pull at an angle when you remove it.

I have this set of trim removal tools from HF, has paid for itself several times over.

1683590151750.png

Right there with you @gasman4u
yesterday… miles fly when you’re having fun!

F7F081EC-E579-4901-81F4-A34BB6051373.jpeg

Just a small “repurposing.”

I see lots of aftermarket seat back pouches, but not many for the front. I started to make some for my 2014 out of leather. However, being impatient and with a road trip coming up, I decided to pull out my “pouch bin” and see what I might have on hand.

I found a panel from an old backpack that has webbing on one side and Velcro on the other. I bent it to fit in front of the seat and zip-tied it into place, then added pouches that would hold my flashlight, a work light, spare batteries and a charger, and my headlamp.

Sorry - I didn’t realize how bad the photos were until I came inside. But I think you get the idea.

View attachment 3267541

View attachment 3267543

View attachment 3267548

View attachment 3267549
I finally got around to finishing the leather version:

C14DDDF4-96F5-4130-B5A4-385FFE255E95.jpeg

took a So UT side trip. Forced to turn around at a spot the Jeeps on 37s had plowed up. I thought I could get through, and had Maxtrax on board, but we were 30 mi from nowhere and also had my 89 yo MIL with us…. I H8 not completing a run and IH8Mud

IMG_0930.jpeg

Slapped this bad boy on.

d1E51Uw.jpg

Yikes on the reviews. FWIW - I ordered the Land Cruiser decals for my Husky mats and did receive them, took about 2 weeks. Guess I was lucky.

I placed an order Sunday 5/7 and received my Land Cruiser Husky mat stickers today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom