Did online Toyota dealer parts stores all recently change? No longer able to select vehicles prior to 1991 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jamieson22

SILVER Star
Threads
So have placed quite a few orders from online dealership parts departments. Had found a favorite with lowest prices and the FREESHIP coupon on orders over $75. Noticed in last week that the "parts.DEALER_NAME.com" URL started redirecting to "autoparts.DELAER_NAME.com" with a redesigned website. No worries until I noticed the "select vehicle" Year drop-down only goes back to 1991. Prior to change I had my 1988 62 set as a car to verify if parts fit as needed. Noticed all past dealers I had used also have this new website so guessing it is across all US Toyota dealerships?

Also I used to be able to put any part number in and it would show me details/diagram even if NLA. Now I get a generic "No Suggestions found, please try with some other keyword." message.

My last order was for almost $500 on April 30. Tried to pull up one of the parts I ordered and it no longer even returns a result.

P/N​
Quantity​
Price Each​
Description​
8127095A09​
$ 144.56​
LAMP ASSEMBLY, LICENSE P

1683505659407.png

Is this just the way it will be now? Kind of sucks.

I also saw this when looking for parts for my 1970 FJ40 today. Some like Bosch and McGeorge Toyota seem to have the old options still I can’t find any freeship promo at any of my usuals lately.

This sounds like no good! Hopefully something turns up but I guess it was inevitable.

So have placed quite a few orders from online dealership parts departments. Had found a favorite with lowest prices and the FREESHIP coupon on orders over $75. Noticed in last week that the "parts.DEALER_NAME.com" URL started redirecting to "autoparts.DELAER_NAME.com" with a redesigned website. No worries until I noticed the "select vehicle" Year drop-down only goes back to 1991. Prior to change I had my 1988 62 set as a car to verify if parts fit as needed. Noticed all past dealers I had used also have this new website so guessing it is across all US Toyota dealerships?

Also I used to be able to put any part number in and it would show me details/diagram even if NLA. Now I get a generic "No Suggestions found, please try with some other keyword." message.

My last order was for almost $500 on April 30. Tried to pull up one of the parts I ordered and it no longer even returns a result.

P/N​
Quantity​
Price Each​
Description​
8127095A09​
$ 144.56​
LAMP ASSEMBLY, LICENSE P

View attachment 3317157

Is this just the way it will be now? Kind of sucks.

Having the same problem. Most of the dealers have switched over, some haven't. Check Toyota of Colorado Springs (seems like good pricing but no free ship) and Longo Toyota.

URLs with the new parts system start with "autoparts", old system just start with "parts". New system: Genuine Toyota Parts and Accessories: Official Online Store Claremont Toyota - https://autoparts.claremonttoyota.com/, Old system: OEM Toyota and Scion Parts Store | Toyota Of Colorado Springs Parts - https://parts.toyotaofcoloradosprings.com.

Seems like they want you to call in, which is a total pain if your list is long.

EDIT - your first post noted the system differences. Apologies for the unneeded 'splaining. If you find a freeship old system site post it up!

Having the same problem. Most of the dealers have switched over, some haven't. Check Toyota of Colorado Springs (seems like good pricing but no free ship) and Longo Toyota.

URLs with the new parts system start with "autoparts", old system just start with "parts". New system: Genuine Toyota Parts and Accessories: Official Online Store Claremont Toyota - https://autoparts.claremonttoyota.com/, Old system: OEM Toyota and Scion Parts Store | Toyota Of Colorado Springs Parts - https://parts.toyotaofcoloradosprings.com.

Seems like they want you to call in, which is a total pain if your list is long.

EDIT - your first post noted the system differences. Apologies for the unneeded 'splaining. If you find a freeship old system site post it up!
Most of my orders had been to Lewis Toyota in Topeka. Cheapest prices and Free Shipping. I had emailed their parts manager about the change and he said to let him know what parts are missing so he can get them added.

Thinks I had been "thinking about" that I can no longer find:
  1. Antenna Mast
  2. Washer Fluid Reservoir (front)
  3. FJ40 steelies/caps
  4. Front clearance lenses
  5. Ignition cylinder/keys
Can't imagine if I had to call to even know if a part is available. I often grab new hardware if available when I replace a part so searching tons of screws/clips/nuts, etc. Hard enough keeping it all straight while ordering!

Use a non-US toyota parts website. That is what I do, then order via my preferred US dealer when possible.

This isn't a Dealer site.
perhaps but they give you the same discounts as i get from our dealer that works with the Toyota clubs. Camelback Toyota in Phx will fill the orders for old 40 parts.
Toyota parts deal is just a little more convenient since I can place orders at any hour rather than calling the parts manager at the dealer

Most of my orders had been to Lewis Toyota in Topeka. Cheapest prices and Free Shipping. I had emailed their parts manager about the change and he said to let him know what parts are missing so he can get them added.

Thinks I had been "thinking about" that I can no longer find:
  1. Antenna Mast
  2. Washer Fluid Reservoir (front)
  3. FJ40 steelies/caps
  4. Front clearance lenses
  5. Ignition cylinder/keys
Can't imagine if I had to call to even know if a part is available. I often grab new hardware if available when I replace a part so searching tons of screws/clips/nuts, etc. Hard enough keeping it all straight while ordering!
I don't know which year 40 you're searching for but...

Reservoirs are discontinued

All the parts get shipped from dealers. I might get one part from Cal and another from Texas or wherever but it's always from a Toyota dealer or warehouse

All the parts get shipped from dealers. I might get one part from Cal and another from Texas or wherever but it's always from a Toyota dealer or warehouse

My searches are for a FJ62. My main issue is I had found a dealer that was good to work with AND had the lowest prices/best discount of all I had checks. On top of that they offered free shipping on a $75 purchase. No doubt there are other ways to still search/order parts but I highly doubt they will be cheaper. Hopefully they address this as it is frustrating pulling up parts that are available and not getting any result back.

Also - is this true that these are discontinued?
1683565927200.png

Also on ToyotaPartsDeal - I ordered this from my dealer last week and it shipped. Shows discontinued/NLA now? Or perhaps it pulls from same system these dealers are now al upgraded to?

1683566095126.png

Use a non-US toyota parts website. That is what I do, then order via my preferred US dealer when possible.
Have used MegaZip at times but for larger stuff doesn't shipping get costly?

Have used MegaZip at times but for larger stuff doesn't shipping get costly?
Oh I use the sites mainly to just get part numbers, then order the parts here in the US. Usually pickup at my local dealer.

One big downside of this change is now there’s no online discount for older parts. I always ordered from my local store but did it online to get the discount. Besides not being able to use their site to look up stuff.

Oh I use the sites mainly to just get part numbers, then order the parts here in the US. Usually pickup at my local dealer.
Same. I have PartSouq link for my truck saved and use that to find the part number. Then paste to my US Toyota dealer to see if part is Available or NLA. Now that process is broken.

When this happens you have to do a in person dealer purchase. Which sucks cause the prices won't be discounted.

Looks like the cost of Cruiser ownership just took yet another big jump.

As if living in Washington State wasn't enough :rolleyes:

My searches are for a FJ62. My main issue is I had found a dealer that was good to work with AND had the lowest prices/best discount of all I had checks. On top of that they offered free shipping on a $75 purchase. No doubt there are other ways to still search/order parts but I highly doubt they will be cheaper. Hopefully they address this as it is frustrating pulling up parts that are available and not getting any result back.

Also - is this true that these are discontinued?
View attachment 3317729
I ordered those at my local dealership last Thursday and got them the next day. Did a set of four: two fronts and two rears. It looks like it says the lack of availability is due to "dealer shortage" which seems different than truly being NLA. But who knows, maybe it's a slow down in production ahead of NLA. OR maybe they run off old parts periodically in batches, so we're just at a time when stock is low before the factory does another run. I don't want to spread any false rumors: my previous statements are a total guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom