What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (82 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Painted the cowling and wiper arms. Broke six clips. VHT epoxy spray can nozzle broke off indoors and I spent 3 hours cleaning that up. Definitely the worst 1 banana job I've ever had go sideways.

View attachment 3314729
That's hilarious, but I'm sorry to hear it! There's not much worse than breaking a rattle can in your workspace.

Last edited:
Are you referring to where the Redarc charger is mounted? If so, it’s from Slee and bolts right up to the battery tray, also by Slee

I like to have the switch under the hood since I have to open hood to connect air hose anyway
Not that. I mean the battery tie down plate that attaches to J hook bolts.

She took a few branches to the dome from a rotten tree (not my tree). Shattered the windshield, scratches and dented several panels. The roof was covered in damage from branches landing between the crossbars, but thank god for the roof rack for taking a majority of the blow… Bit the bullet and giving her a complete refresher while in the shop.

Pulled the windshield, found the rivet holes had been wallowed out. Treated the rust, welded them up, and re-drilled.

Hopefully, she’ll be good as new in about a week.

417FE1BA-627A-4E85-A147-7FA176EA085D.jpeg

90AF617F-A3AD-4987-9733-8FB1470C9070.jpeg

41531F99-5864-403A-A62E-AE8E6570C47E.jpeg

F68B7B86-E3FF-4A38-A4CA-AE1E205AC470.jpeg

She took a few branches to the dome from a rotten tree (not my tree). Shattered the windshield, scratches and dented several panels. The roof was covered in damage from branches landing between the crossbars, but thank god for the roof rack for taking a majority of the blow… Bit the bullet and giving her a complete refresher while in the shop.

Pulled the windshield, found the rivet holes had been wallowed out. Treated the rust, welded them up, and re-drilled.

Hopefully, she’ll be good as new in about a week.

View attachment 3315407
View attachment 3315408
View attachment 3315406

View attachment 3315409
Last pic was a before shot… didn’t mean to add if.

Wanted to do wiring for ARB twin and Redarc 1225 bdcd, but my smarter side kicked in and decided to do the Heater Tees. Old plastic ones were leaking and brittle af. Probably only had under 3k miles before destroyed engine. Used 4 Breezy hose clamps and 2 traditional for the small diameter

20230505_172107.jpg

Last edited:
The 3” NHK Series 5 bi-LED projectors came in this afternoon and I went right at it. A few days ago I also repainted the front grille and HL trims, got them buttoned up along with the HLs (glass lenses off) for tomorrow’s aiming, alignment and wiring session.
B0B49136-3286-4096-978A-3F4DEBD7FD18.jpeg

Also ordered new 4pcs OEM backside clips for the HL trims, the old ones disintegrated when I removed the trims, it was so brittle.

Last edited:
Replaced the rear lower control arms with Mevotech from Rockauto. At $50 each, I’m Ok if the bushings don’t last 300k miles. They are identical weight to the OEMs. The original bushings were cracked, but still pretty solid. I figured my offroad customization probably wasn’t the best.

The worse part was getting the rear bolt out on the passenger side. I think the ToughDog shocks are a bit bigger than OEM. After a fair amount of finagling I got it out, but put it in the easy way when reassembled.

29CFA46B-6219-4372-AABC-F632280F86AA.jpeg

EF7C6966-7969-46C4-93CF-FAA54846A11A.jpeg

97A17201-9E00-4C12-8E95-ECB57798B4C8.jpeg

IMG_9106.jpeg

Installed this doohickey shifter plater last night/this morning after ordering it while having a few too many beers one night. I'm not sure what brand it is or if there's just one person that makes it but I would give it a 4/10. I had a lot of trouble getting it to clip in on the left side and had to shave off a few spots on the tabs. The plate also doesn't sit securely and has some upward/downward play. You lose the glowing letters at night so it's any guess what gear you're in at night. The white lettering looks dull and dirty up close and the left side of the plate sits 1/4" higher than the right side so not sure if that is part of the design or what.

Install was a breeze aside from the fact that I accidentally ripped the wires out of the terminal end of the O/D switch on the shifter, so that was a good extra hour trying to solder back on.

Not a horrible part and would install it again to replace the messed up OEM one but would replace with a new OEM one if they came up for sale affordably.

Last edited:
The 3” NHK Series 5 bi-LED projectors came in this afternoon and I went right at it. A few days ago I also repainted the front grille and HL trims, got them buttoned up along with the HLs (glass lenses off) for tomorrow’s aiming, alignment and wiring session.
View attachment 3315793
Also ordered new 4pcs OEM backside clips for the HL trims, the old ones disintegrated when I removed the trims, it was so brittle.
It’s a wrap 🥃
Aiming, alignment and wiring done. 4x low beam 4x high beam.
No foreground or wall pics yet but all I can say is I am blown away with how NHK master-engineered these projectors. Every aspect of it from how bright, how wide, how defined the cutoff is truly a masterpiece. I’m a happy camper. Haven’t drove this thing for 2.5 months now and I just can’t wait!

Before and after:
B5497DD8-3DBB-498A-9B72-4D2D8C16DFDB.jpeg

Glass HL w blue lens quad bi-led projector.
F0268BE1-4CC0-4F3A-AC8B-BC4C6A5BA669.jpeg

Happy weekend everyone.

Replaced the rotten OEM muffler. +1 vote for the UPSW part:

View attachment 3316203

Kind of missing the bro-dozer rumble, quiet as a mouse now. Not missing the exhaust fumes through the rear windows when open.

My truck came w/ high clearance exhaust and bro rumble. I couldn't get that corrected fast enough. I guess being in my 40s now things have changed for me but I like silent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom