White Knuckle Offroad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been trying to get hold of WKO for a few days now to find out how long their lead times are for a set of rock sliders would be, to no avail. Anyone know what's going on there? I assume they are still in business, right?

Ultimately I liked their sliders because they have a nice integrated cat shield and a strong bolt on design. I'm not crazy about welding them on, at least initially. So if there is another manufacturer of similar quality, I'm all ears.

I've been trying to get hold of WKO for a few days now to find out how long their lead times are for a set of rock sliders would be, to no avail. Anyone know what's going on there? I assume they are still in business, right?

Ultimately I liked their sliders because they have a nice integrated cat shield and a strong bolt on design. I'm not crazy about welding them on, at least initially. So if there is another manufacturer of similar quality, I'm all ears.
How have you been trying?

And it's White Knuckle Off Road, not outfitters.

Make sure you're looking at the correct website.

How have you been trying?

And it's White Knuckle Off Road, not outfitters.

Make sure you're looking at the correct website.
I updated the thread name, it was a typo. I've tried the email address they have on their site, the contact form on the site, Facebook messenger on their page and I left a voice mail today. It's only been 3 full business days, so maybe they are just busy?

There are several that make quality sliders. All the good ones like WKOR, are overrun and have wait times, they are mostly small businesses.

Last edited:
It says 4-6 weeks at the bottom of the features text

I’ve got an order with them placed on March 22. Its real close to being able to see if the estimated time is correct.

If not, no worries. 4-6 weeks is not a long time in terms of companies like this. Many are much worse. Fabrication takes time.

Mine took about 4 weeks from order to delivery last fall. I placed my order and paid online, but didn't reach out prior with questions as I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted. they followed up with a couple of questions by email a few times (starting about a week after I ordered) to make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted. I went for the traditional higher angle version and had the rear top plate spec'd, they said it would not be worth it for the steeper version, so we omitted it. They are 100% worth the $$ for fit, finish, quality, and shipping in my opinion. Love that they offer the DOM option, which mine are... :beer:

Takes 4-6 weeks, WKO is pretty solid on lead-times. I wouldn't let the mentioned issue stop you from placing an order. My sliders arrived about 3 weeks ago. Don't expect a lot of communication, you will receive a PO VIA e mail with lead-times then you will receive a shipping notice 4-6 weeks after placing. By the way, install was a breeze.... I was expecting issues but their welding jig/technique is on point.

OK, cool, I think I just got a little gun shy reading the experiences of others with different manufacturers. I'm going to go with WKO as they have so many positive reviews from the community. Thanks everyone!

OK, cool, I think I just got a little gun shy reading the experiences of others with different manufacturers. I'm going to go with WKO as they have so many positive reviews from the community. Thanks everyone!
I'm the same way, I researched came to a conclusion and pulled the trigger. The only bad thing I've heard about WKO sliders is powder coating isn't the best. I opted for bare metal and DIY paint. The full dimple top plates are nice. I'm in the process of painting mine so no pictures yet :( My local powder coat shop did quote me $250 for the sliders, but I decided on paint so I could do touch-ups after dragging them around on the trail.

The WK’s on my Power Wagon with a FWC in the bed, have taken some serious beatings over the years. I’ve been impressed. Powder coating has held up well in the seven years they’ve been on the truck. (doesn’t mean their PC vendor is any good now thou…) If I needed sliders for my 80, WK’s would be on my short list for sure.

3 days over exactly 6 weeks. Got my tracking numbers today. I got the powder coated option so probably took a little longer than raw steal. No worries, still a good turnaround time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom