What the hell is goin on in Jimmy's Barn (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fetcher is on the run today. A bit of a different direction

37ACEA9F-925B-4173-A091-DFEBE20FA8CC.jpeg

B43D33CE-82D9-4C9D-9F1E-1B14B4CAF100.jpeg

2FBBCBF2-BAAB-4BDE-8F48-3694DE6347C3.jpeg

Keep the oil that leaks out and burn it in the smudge pot. 🔥
No kidding. This Defender has 150 miles on it since a 6 figure restoration. Was leaking at the rear main, T-case and one of the rear wheel cylinders. We hauled to a very nice LR shop in San Antonio for a friend of my brothers that lives in San Angelo. First thing the mechanic said when he walked out to look at it was “you can’t stop the RMS & T-case from leaking”. Beautiful truck though.

everything on the defender leaks. I have had it all fixed but even after fixed it still drips and it always will. Bringing it in tomorrow for a rear wheel cylinder leak and turbo is stuck again so probably get a better used one.

Spent a few days at the barn with Jimmy and just finally posting.

Box of goodies from my good friend @dogfishlake
thumbnail_IMG_9738.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9739.jpg

I need to get a tractor

thumbnail_IMG_9745.jpg

Getting ready for some redneck things

thumbnail_IMG_9777.jpg

Mounted in and everything fits. Good clearance with the fan but I'll need to modify the radiator for the outlet to clear the power steering pump (not installed in the picture). I ordered the wrong engine isolators so we made some high quality plywood ones to get the spacing close - good enough 😆
thumbnail_IMG_9793.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9814.jpg

And out to the yard to sit while I order parts.
thumbnail_IMG_9826.jpg

Something is wrong in that video…I don’t see a carburetor, how does that thing even run?😁😁🤔

Spent a few days at the barn with Jimmy and just finally posting.

Box of goodies from my good friend @dogfishlake
View attachment 3304355
View attachment 3304356

I need to get a tractor

View attachment 3304357

Getting ready for some redneck things

View attachment 3304358

Mounted in and everything fits. Good clearance with the fan but I'll need to modify the radiator for the outlet to clear the power steering pump (not installed in the picture). I ordered the wrong engine isolators so we made some high quality plywood ones to get the spacing close - good enough 😆
View attachment 3304360
View attachment 3304361

And out to the yard to sit while I order parts.
View attachment 3304362

It sounds like it's happy to run again!

Every 12HT is happier at Jimmy’s. True fact.

Doing some work with Mason @landsnoozer . He’s the Nephew of a long time good friend of mine. He’s a first year fireman in Austin and just bought his first LC. He’s knee deep into some baselining with me and “eyes wide open”. I hate to say he’s a great student as I can’t call myself a teacher :). But man his enthusiasm to learn is inspiring. His build thread is below and hopefully you check it out. We’ve posted some crazy videos that document some horrendous work done by a shop for the PO.

What I need to add is both Georg @orangefj45 and Matt @cruisermatt have been tremendous with stepping in and helping with much needed tech and product support. Mason and I are converting this HJ61 from an auto to a H55 set up. I’ve done a few 62’s but a RHD is a first for me. More to come.

Last edited:
Great seeing you again today Jimmy and nice meeting you Mason & all the others folks at the barn. Jimmy saved my butt today with a spare circuit breaker for the blower motor circuit. Blower quit in the 100+ heat and I had the wife and dogs with me. Made the 5 hour drive back home without a single issue. Thanks again, I'm sure we'll cross paths again soon.

Great seeing you again today Jimmy and nice meeting you Mason & all the others folks at the barn. Jimmy saved my butt today with a spare circuit breaker for the blower motor circuit. Blower quit in the 100+ heat and I had the wife and dogs with me. Made the 5 hour drive back home without a single issue. Thanks again, I'm sure we'll cross paths again soon.
You got it Ian. Glad I could help and very cool that AJ recommended you call me and the needed part came from his parts truck in the back 40. Small world ma man and look forward to our next encounter.

My blower motor took the long nap while I was down on my luck living out of the truck. It waited until the day it was -20 degrees outside to die. The only time my cruiser really let me down. Still was able to drive myself to a warm place.

Spent some time yesterday chasing weak brakes.
IMG_20230721_230750.jpg

IMG_20230721_230743.jpg

The fun continued (this time with a shirt) about 600 miles down the road. Proud to say the brakes are fixed now. Just another hotel parking lot repair in Las Cruces.
IMG_20230721_212840.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom