Tips to unlock seatbelt? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Reinstalling 3rd row because I have 3 boys.
One side seatbelt works line a charm, the other is fully retracted and locked up.

How can I get it to unlock without destroying it?

Pullout gently. Push in gently. Multiple times. Can gear is probably jammed.

That worked to get it extended. But when I release it, it retracts and does the same thing. Is it just FUBAR? I can’t find any access holes to lube it or anything like that.

Probably just filled with gunk. Might wanna open it up, degrease it with a carb cleaner or similar, add some white lithium grease and see it works better. If not I know several folks have sent in their seatbelts for restoration here on mud. Link below. Good luck.

Had one front seatbelt retractor get submerged in a mudhole. Afterwards it wouldn't pull out. Air and lube didn't help.
Finally pulled off the lower b-pillar trim and removed the mechanism. It seems dried mud was jamming the mechanism. The covers say "do not remove" so I drilled two small 1/8" or so holes on each side into the plastic covers and ran water until the mud was gone. Sprayed in a bit of silicon and re-installed the seatbelt retractor.

Works like new. Next time the muddy water should drain out the holes rather than dry up an leave a mudcake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom