What did you do to your pig today? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am going to finally get back to work on my 76. I purchased the new tail gate rubber forever ago and finally rebuilt with the new gear the rear window regulator. My question is how many times and how difficult is it to install the rear window gasket. I feel guilty putting on a brand new part that I know I will need to remove down the road. Is this an install it once and buy new again the next time I put it in?
Which part of tailgate gasket? I "installed" the two side pieces and upper piece as a set maybe 20 years ago. Did not need any glue. Easy to remove and replace as needed.

More weirdness. Trying to decide which doghouse to use. The 76 one has that hole that corresponds with the vent panel on the exterior. The other possible doghouse doesn’t have it…. Was sone engineer tasked with finding an oz. If weight savings?? These kind of things send my mind racing (well trudging these days ) do figure out why….🤡

View attachment 3303927

View attachment 3303928
My guess is better/different air flow was needed.

What is the going rate on these now?

I think I paid $470, shipped and that includes the slowest rate of production.

They are advertised at $385 in black, but there are upcharges, service charge and whatnot that jack the price up.

If I were going to do it again, I would've ordered the second part. Mine is a bit broken and getting in there is not fun.

We went to a car show, 4x4 only.

20230430_113634.jpg

20230430_093314.jpg

Installed a newish (it was tested) Aisin brake master cylinder. Once i get all the brake parts (except brake cylinders) delivered, i will install and see which cylinders need replacing.

Damn, can I get that in poster size!

Hurricanes, Turbines…don’t care what you call them, perfect. 🙌🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom