The blue whale brings home a pig! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More afters because I like pics as much as the next guy

IMG_1548.jpeg

IMG_1547.jpeg

IMG_1549.jpeg

Congrats! Looks like a great find.

Now that you have the disease, you should know that it is highly communicable and no vaccine has yet shown any efficacy. Seems like death is the only cure. Other than that, it’s a mix of fun and frustration.
Note: death might come sooner than you think if you exceed the $5k budget...

If you’re not planning on putting everything in that box back on, hang on to it. That stuff belongs to that vehicle and is hard to find. It’s obviously up to you, but putting the original carb and charcoal canister back on would be a good idea.
x2. Especially for what looks like a mostly original '79. Rebuilding/getting the carb rebuilt and back on there will add to the originality.
I am not sure where the market for these things is headed, but having those pieces can't hurt.

New shoes today. The old tires were in good shape but dated to 2008. I had General Grabbers on my 100 and remembered that they were a pretty good tire. 31x10.5 is the right size for my taste, although I would have gone 31x9.5 if they came in anything but swampers.

IMG_1720.jpeg

IMG_1725.jpeg

IMG_1719.jpeg

Best looking original iron pig I’ve seen in well ever. Haven’t seen one of those on the road in Hawaii in maybe 15 years. Seeing a few 60’s, lots of 80’s and 100’s

Good day off today - 72 and sunny and not at work. Changed front and rear diff fluid with some tractor supply GL-5, trans and transfer with carquest 90wt GL-4, changed oil with Rotella, and then made a grocery store run. This thing looks pretty good underneath although I did notice a slight drip from a knuckle this morning. I made two stops today and learned that you have to plan for extra time because I got hung up talking to people at both places.

Also, I need to check the valve adjustment and I’m sure there’s a good write up on here. I have no problem fixing the coolant valley leak on my last 200, but I need some learnin on these old tractors
New video by Mike Hansen - https://photos.app.goo.gl/mmVh9gc5AaLT49B59
IMG_1769.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom