Builds Chronicles of a Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:popcorn:

C045C561-666C-4918-9096-F83FD0286EAD.jpeg

CEE801B2-1000-4D97-A1EC-FF493BF34F74.jpeg

Lift is on. New power steering pump is in. Next up is all the engine seals know for leaking.

69159FAE-DBF5-438F-BC52-BC8029CE99BF.jpeg

OME 850 front 860 rear springs. Slee caster plates, front/rear sway bar drop. Delta rear panhard correction.

That grey stripe is painted on mine. My paint code was originally 2AC (dark green with moon glow bottom). My flares were repainted at some point and they just matched the bottom to the top leaving the belt line moon glow color. I like it…

Good luck finding it without the "FOUR WHEEL DRIVE" letters. If you do, let me know where you got it.
Doubt I will. My 40th side cladding is bowing and deforming. I may opt for the overseas variant.

1A997A2D-53F7-486F-94B2-39D9E20ECB39.jpeg

305ft lbs courtesy of this baseball bat size torque wrench. Lets hope these new oil seals do the trick.

Next up is knuckle rebuild. Then get my parking brake back in shape.

Ordered a knuckle rebuild kit from cruiserteq.com. Got a shipping confirmation 15 minutes later. What!?!? That’s incredible.

One side has a loose wheel bearing and the other has a bad trunion bearing. But no oil weeping from either inner axle. Lets hope i can keep it that way….

Things completed since January:

OME lift
Double cardan front drive shaft
Heater core backwash
Large coolant hoses
All the common oil leaks fixed
New antenna assembly
Rear hatch weatherstrip
Carplay stereo
Rear washer diverter valve fixed
New oem muffler
Front axle rebuild

Upcoming plans:

White knuckle off road sliders are ordered
Rear axle bearings and seals
Parking brake restoration
Small heater hoses and PHH
Slee short bus w/ Warn VR EVO 10s
Other small odds and ends to satisfy my level of ocd

Doing big things! It’ll be Christmas in June/July when your things arrive depending on when you ordered.

What made you ultimately decide to go with the Shortbus?

My seats work but are jumpy like the gears are worn. As I look to see if the caps are missing i find this bull****….
IMG_6125.jpeg

Lets see how that affects replacing the worn parts. I’ll be replacing with the gamiviti kit and solve function cap guards.

Last edited:
My seats work but are jumpy like the gears are worn. As I look to see if the caps are missing i find this bulls***….
View attachment 3315474

Lets see how that affects replacing the worn parts. I’ll be replacing with the gamiviti kit and solve function cap guards.
Well, to be honest, there is a thread that talks about inserting a screw between the cap and the housing, but they are tiny, like a #4 screw about 5/16" long.

That's a bit overkill or misinterpretation of the directions.

It’s laughable really. All will be ok. I didn’t know there was a screw fix thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom