What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice.

I just installed one too. This is my second one however after trying one a year back. Looks like you have the type that straps to the factory mirror? Just a heads up if you off-road, I found that it moves around too much and is unable to hold a position depending on driving style.

Seems like there's common retrofit brackets for these styles of dashcams and you might be able to convert yours if you find it to be a problem.

Amazon product ASIN B09GVDJ7TB

Yeah I’ve used this type before on my 100 series and it held up while off-roading. I don’t do crazy trails that you guys do so maybe that’s why it stayed on lol. That had the camera integrated into the mirror itself so I was limited on where to mount the unit in order to clear the camera itself. This one I bought, the two cameras are separate, so I can center the unit over the stock mirror. Looks a little cleaner.

IMG_3121.jpeg

Good to see that it fits. This is the tire I intend to put on in the near future. Is your suspension stock? If so, any rubbing?
stock and no rubbing.

Added some ink. Koyari-san was the Cheif Engineer of the 200 Series platform (and many other Land Cruisers) and is an absolute lover of Rankul models around the globe. I've been fortunate to spend some time with him over the years including a visit to the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum and a camping trip this last week. The team stopped by Cruiser Outfitters today to check out our operation and some of the Land Cruiser projects and parts we are working on. I had him leave his mark on a few things around the building including my 08 200's visor.

View attachment 3312351

View attachment 3312352

@cruiserdan had him sign his BJ74 glovebox door and got a pic in front of Dan's Cruiser together which was super neat :cool:
That is beyond cool!! Nice to have friends in high places, and be recognized when you’ve put so much into the Cruiser community

Is that a chopped 200 Heritage with a Maltec? Beautiful rig! Owner of this rig is fortunate, and must have another Heritage stashed

That is one of the E7 Maltec 200's. Amazing Cruiserhead who loves to use them!

Got the RW/BFGs mounted up. I'm normally something of a booster for Discount Tire, but not particularly happy this time around. I buy a lot of tires from them and they're usually on their game. This time, not so much....

Charged me $60 for a clamp-in TPMS clone-able sensor and then put a snap-in in the spare. Decided to go Pacific Industries OE equivalent for @ $48ea (the 18s were going to be stored in range of the truck anyway and clones would not work) and they didn't manage to program them and required a trip back to get it sorted. Whatever.

Have a slight fender liner rub at full lock in reverse with the 285/70/17s, but super happy with the ride on 17"/C-rated KO2s. The 18" E-rated Toyo AT3s were super harsh. Suspect I'm a bit over-sprung (stinkbug much?) for the 2721/Bilstein config but, like me, my trucks seem to gain weight with age. Might have to have the front lifted a bit though.

I'm liking the non-color-matched painted center caps.

PXL_20230502_233431114.jpg

Got the RW/BFGs mounted up. I'm normally something of a booster for Discount Tire, but not particularly happy this time around. I buy a lot of tires from them and they're usually on their game. This time, not so much....

Charged me $60 for a clamp-in TPMS clone-able sensor and then put a snap-in in the spare. Decided to go Pacific Industries OE equivalent for @ $48ea (the 18s were going to be stored in range of the truck anyway and clones would not work) and they didn't manage to program them and required a trip back to get it sorted. Whatever.

Have a slight fender liner rub at full lock in reverse with the 285/70/17s, but super happy with the ride on 17"/C-rated KO2s. The 18" E-rated Toyo AT3s were super harsh. Suspect I'm a bit over-sprung (stinkbug much?) for the 2721/Bilstein config but, like me, my trucks seem to gain weight with age. Might have to have the front lifted a bit though.

View attachment 3313269
RW on these LC/LX look just about perfect. Too bad about your experience but well worth it!

View attachment 3313269
What didn't you like about the E rated Toyo AT3's? I love mine, but not sure if I'm missing something.

Where/how are you running the wire(s) for the control head? I have the Gamiviti center dash panel and I love being able to run the wire for my Yaesu right up through the holes in it, but I almost have TOO much stuff on there now and have been considering moving the radio head over to that spot as well.
@CWolg FYI I've settled on this RJ45 switch blank in the SDQQ Switch Pros panel to connect the remote head. I've got a Rj45/RJ12 crimper and will just make my own separation cables (mic and head) using shielded twisted-pair CAT5 cable since I'll be running them in the door sills and most of the prefab cables I can find aren't shielded -- or at least they don't talk about shielding.

PXL_20230503_005823684.jpg

What didn't you like about the E rated Toyo AT3's? I love mine, but not sure if I'm missing something.
Didn't hate them, but also didn't love them. I think the Bilsteins are a bit harsh by nature, I think I'm a bit over sprung, and I'm used to 17" KO2s on my other two trucks.

The C-rated tires, coupled with more sidewall meat, just seems to be more forgiving -- albeit a bit more vague and floaty in corners. I should still be able to air them down more than 18s without being too concerned with sidewalls. I'm keeping the 18" Toyos for tow duty due to higher load rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom