Bought My First Pig (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like Bob shows…If there’s a key to line up on the crank…make sure you do.
Speaking from experience on a previous rig...not fun.

While I'm waiting for a couple other trinkets to get the 55 going again, I solved the floor mat problem via Hobby Lobby.

Cheapo rugs! I got the idea from an Instagram follow (@islandrovers) who uses the coconut fiber mats for his Land Rovers. This was cheaper and with the same effect. Still gotta trim for the fronts but I dig 'em

IMG20230503131243.jpg

IMG20230503182052.jpg

IMG20230503182100.jpg

IMG20230503182111.jpg

Last edited:
Not many things create more pollution than making cars. The fact that you are keeping a car on the road vs buying a new one is a carbon minus move. If you repower with a newer and better motor, you are not only making it more efficient, you are also keeping more scrap from going into a land fill or just being melted (pollution) down into something else. New cars have so much plastic and people throw them away like single use items. At least if you let a pig die off, it will just return back to earth with minimal impact.

Been struggling with t eh front PS door latching properly. It'll latch but never solidly. Won't open but has that first lat h play feel to it. Ive replaced the mechanism with a good one with no slop. Still nothing. I noticed the striker was really worn. Added metal back and filed it to contour of the other strikers. Better but not solved. Am missing am adjustment somewhere? Any tips on getting this remedied?

The rears close and latch like a dream. The DS front is not great but still fully lat he's with some patience.

IMG20230515124013.jpg

IMG20230515124058.jpg

IMG20230515124214.jpg

I know little about a Pig and not going to let that stop me shooting my mouth off anyway… I know on the 40’s the weatherstripping can cause issues.

I know little about a Pig and not going to let that stop me shooting my mouth off anyway… I know on the 40’s the weatherstripping can cause issues.

I figured that as well. Only bummer is it was doing this before the weatherstripping was replaced. It's like the second tooth on the star wheel doesn't engage.

Check your hinges (worn pin) and where the hinge bolts to the door for cracks. Can you grab the outer door edge and lift up and down. Try to lift up on the door handle while closing the door (strongly).

So I did get it to latch finally. It wasn't happy about it. Lifting some of the hinge slop helped. At least it's better than before

Ron, didnt you weld something on the latch also 🤔??

Yes, the star wheel wears a slopy hole in the housing (for lack of better terms) and binds up. I cut the housing off and weld in a new piece to hold the wheel tight.

P.S....I was not the one who came up with this fix, can't remember, but I stole the idea.

IMG_3891.JPG

IMG_3894.JPG

IMG_3913.JPG

There are two different types (years)?, also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom