FJ55 Reproduction seal kits from Australia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please change my order from one RK358 to two of the RK358. Thanks!

I heard back from AUS, and they want to go ahead and move forward with our order. They would prefer to start making all of these kits now, with the plan to make the rear seal and we can buy those at a later time, with the hope that we do that before all of these ship out.

They are giving us 30% off the kit prices.

The terms are 50% down now.

So with that, it is time to start getting funds accumulated.

I would like to move this to email, much easier for me to keep up with everything.

If everyone on this group purchase can send me a PM with your email address, I will start the spreadsheet and I will work up the prices, and thus the deposit amount.

ALSO... Trying to find a contact that imports cars to US from AUS. It would save a ton to throw these in the back of a Troopy coming to the US.

I heard back from AUS, and they want to go ahead and move forward with our order. They would prefer to start making all of these kits now, with the plan to make the rear seal and we can buy those at a later time, with the hope that we do that before all of these ship out.

I would like to move this to email, much easier for me to keep up with everything.

If everyone on this group purchase can send me a PM with your email address, I will start the spreadsheet and I will work up the prices, and thus the deposit amount.

ALSO... Trying to find a contact that imports cars to US from AUS. It would save a ton to throw these in the back of a Troopy coming to the US.
I’m not a shipping expert, but when I shipped the Firepig from New Zealand the shipping company was very firm in the vehicle being empty. Too much liability of theft from the vehicle, even tho mine was container shipped, not Roro.

I’m not a shipping expert, but when I shipped the Firepig from New Zealand the shipping company was very firm in the vehicle being empty. Too much liability of theft from the vehicle, even tho mine was container shipped, not Roro.

That makes sense; however, I have heard over the years many people put extra transmissions, engines, etc in imported rigs. And yes, if someone is bringing in a container, that would be epic!

That makes sense; however, I have heard over the years many people put extra transmissions, engines, etc in imported rigs. And yes, if someone is bringing in a container, that would be epic!
Definitely not for RORO. No idea why it wouldn’t be fine for a container though.

Definitely not for RORO. No idea why it wouldn’t be fine for a container though.
Part of the issue may be that although mine came in a container I never actually saw the container. It was dropped off at a warehouse and I picked it up at a warehouse. So I guess some random warehouse guy could get curious and break in. Sad that it’s that way anymore but it is. Actually I shipped s CJ-7 to Hawaii when I was in the Navy and someone actually did break in to the lock box I had for tools and stole my jumper cables. I liked those cables!

It looks like Rubber Seals Australia have put together a complete kit for various models of FJ55's. I have bought and used their barn door two peice rubbers and they fit well and are of decent quality.

Best to get in contact via email for international orders so they can try and arrange the best deal on frieght.

RK355.jpg
Awesome! Thanks for sharing this info!

PM sent, when are you thinking of placing the order? (days/weeks?)

Hello Pig lovers, I lucked out when I bought my rig and it had a brand new SLO cruiser rear tailgate seal kit in the back of it. I have taken a heap of photos and sent them through to Rubber Seals Australia, they will have a look and see if they can reproduce. Spoke to them and they were waiting on delivery of an old set from a customer. If it doesn't show up I will send my old stuff to them. Unfortunately, they are too far away for me to drop min and let them look at my stuff.

On a side note, I have started fitting their door seals - all good so far.

Matt

20230425_095155_resized.jpg

20230425_095226_resized.jpg

20230425_095308_resized.jpg

Hello Pig lovers, I lucked out when I bought my rig and it had a brand new SLO cruiser rear tailgate seal kit in the back of it. I have taken a heap of photos and sent them through to Rubber Seals Australia, they will have a look and see if they can reproduce. Spoke to them and they were waiting on delivery of an old set from a customer. If it doesn't show up I will send my old stuff to them. Unfortunately, they are too far away for me to drop min and let them look at my stuff.

On a side note, I have started fitting their door seals - all good so far.

Matt

View attachment 3313231

View attachment 3313232

View attachment 3313233
C’mon man! Tear it off and overnight it to them! We all stand behind you!

Interested in this. What i'm looking at:

DS3755 x 1 - LF door
DS3756 x 1 - RF door
DS3758 x 2 - F seals on body
DS3757 x 2 - R doors
DS3759 x 2 - R seals on body

Thanks.

Update:
I have been in contact with RSA, they have the top tailgate window bailey channel/seal to copy from another customer. My tailgate door outer window seal (no. 38 in the schematic attached) is different to what they have in their kit. They have a metal strip with a rubber insert that attaches via metal/wire pins into holes in the tailgate. These pins dont appear to align with the holes that suit the No. 38 style of seal. Do any gurus know if there were/are multiple tailgate window outer seals and to which year model they belong??

55 Tailgate rubber .jpg

20230425_095430_resized.jpg

I will go through and read, but is this outfit making rubber for the fixed window glass for the rear doors?

Part of the issue may be that although mine came in a container I never actually saw the container. It was dropped off at a warehouse and I picked it up at a warehouse. So I guess some random warehouse guy could get curious and break in. Sad that it’s that way anymore but it is. Actually I shipped s CJ-7 to Hawaii when I was in the Navy and someone actually did break in to the lock box I had for tools and stole my jumper cables. I liked those cables!
That seems like a lot of work for a set of jumper cables!

Any traction on getting these sets ordered, deadline for ordering maybe?

Update:
I have been in contact with RSA, they have the top tailgate window bailey channel/seal to copy from another customer. My tailgate door outer window seal (no. 38 in the schematic attached) is different to what they have in their kit. They have a metal strip with a rubber insert that attaches via metal/wire pins into holes in the tailgate. These pins dont appear to align with the holes that suit the No. 38 style of seal. Do any gurus know if there were/are multiple tailgate window outer seals and to which year model they belong??

View attachment 3314780

View attachment 3314782
I am not sure what you mean by this "rubber insert"?
My Pig had 2 metal strips that helped secure the seal to the tailgate.
Pics are in my build thread somewhere...

I will go through and read, but is this outfit making rubber for the fixed window glass for the rear doors?
If they are interested in making these, I saved my originals. They are very dry, but I think they could get all the measurements from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom