Transmission Fluid That's Ok For 2000 Land Cruiser (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Les Summer

SILVER Star
Threads
I am having confusion about exactly what is ok transmission fluid to put in my 2000 Land Cruiser. I understand it's Dexron III, and I know this is cheating to ask this, but can anyone share a pic of a bottle of the transmission fluid they use, so I can go ahead and compare, for when I go to my local auto store and buy off the shelf.

I admit I already read into the forum on this subject, but I was left ever so slightly confused.. Thanks.

My absolute favorite is: Mobil 1 Muilt Vehicle ATF full synthetic. Use it in all 98-02 100 series. Doing 12 qt flushes. They love it! Also all power steering reservoir.

024.JPG

Last edited:
What's a bit confusing here is that it's not called Dexron III anymore. GM owned the rights to the name, licensed it to others, and then discontinued use and cancelled all the licenses. So nobody can call it Dexron III anymore, has to be called something else but the container can say that it's for vehicles that "formerly used Dexron III".

My absolute favorite is: Mobil 1 Muilt Vehicle ATF full synthetic. Use it in all 98-02 100 series. Also all power steering reservoir.

View attachment 3312045
All 100 & 200 series power steering reservoirs I work on, are that clean ;).
I start by removing & cleaning the reservoir in a sonic-cleaner w/de-greaser. Removing old gunk settlement in bottom and cleans the internal screen.

BTW: Toyota ATF is made by Exon Mobil. Toyota & Lexus Dealerships around here, used Mobil One ATF. When they've a transmission that calls for Dexron II or III, that's running hot. Otherwise they use bulk Dexron III (98-02 100 series). I use Mobil One ATF for all 98-02, full 12 qt flushes. Or the Exxon Mobil one shelve down; Mobil MV ATF full synthetic, for all 98-up. It's (Mobil MV FS ATF) new and rated for Dexon II & III, Toyota IV and WS. I'd use Mobil One in all. But Mobil One has NOT rated it for: Toyota IV or WS, in North American market.

Mobil One is top shelve and readily available thorough North America.
Mobil MV AFT FS, is still hard to get.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom