Platinum Suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. My 2021 Platinum Sequoia has just over 45k miles and apparently the shock absorbers in the rear are both blown. I thought this was kind of early for them to go, but we do have some gravel roads up where I am so I'm assuming that aided their demise. Are these things really that fragile? I mean a couple of gravel roads can't possibly make these things go that quick can they? Anyone had issues or had to replace theirs?

Last edited:
That does seem a bit early for them to go out. Are they both leaking oil?

The right rear is leaking oil. The left rear has dirt collecting on the outside and is damp to the touch so it's definitely starting to leak. I guess I'm just going to have to order the shock absorbers and swap them out.

Ok yeah, sounds like it. Any wetness is a blown seal. Are those Bilsteins that came with it?

These would suit it and they're much longer lasting than 45K miles:

Last edited:
No clue. They're the OEM ones that came with it. They have an electrical plug that I'm assuming has to do with the suspension modes that the Platinum has...gotta love technology.

Ahhh, I forgot about that tech. Yeah, you'll need to get them from the dealer if you want to maintain that feature

Which Platinum? Tundra or Sequoia?

They are expensive but fairly easy to replace - I had to do this last year and IIRC they were 400-500 each but I saved the $1,000 labor the shop wanted and got it done in less than 2 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom