SOLD Placerville ca Warn Winch 8274 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Warn 8274 winch for sale.
I bought this winch about 15 yrs ago as a 8074.
I bought a top cover with clutch and gears off ebay to convert it to a 8274, I burned the motor out about 5yrs ago and replaced it with a NEW one, but I can't find the receipt for it.
I just recently Disassembled the winch, repainted,rebuilt/ replaced all the seals,bushings and Brake unit with oem warn parts and seals ,New Warn control box. New Albright Contactor, (instead of solenoids), with all new wiring from Contactor to motor, And new remote.
With all receipts.
Looks and works like new.
It does not have any cable or rope on it.
You decide what you want.
I have the slightly used winch cable that came off it when I tore it down and slightly used Fair lead, or you can have my new Synthetic winch Rope with new Hause.
In the last pic it looks like the cover has a scratch, it was just crud on the cover no scratch
I can replace the half cut clutch knob if you want, but if you go on the Warn winch site, they don't sell the SOLID knob as seen in the pics any more. The replacement knob is a Hollow Chinese knock off.
I bought it this way and liked it.
$1250or close offer, in person pick up only.

F6CFD1A3-A29F-45E5-A83A-F5416917F22B.jpeg

37831F48-7E1B-493B-9516-D4316678075F.jpeg

A4E9B152-61ED-473B-A979-1F25D869F0A6.jpeg

Last edited:
Warn 8274 winch for sale.
I bought this winch about 15 yrs ago as a 8074.
I bought a top cover with clutch and gears off ebay to convert it to a 8274, I burned the motor out about 5yrs ago and replaced it with a NEW one, but I can't find the receipt for it.
I just recently Disassembled the winch, repainted,rebuilt/ replaced all the seals,bushings and Brake unit with oem warn parts and seals ,New Warn control box,,New Albright Contactor, (instead of solenoids), with all new wiring from Contactor to motor, And new remote.
Looks and works like new.
It does not have any cable or rope on it, that can be worked out with the purchase price, due to people preference.
In the last pic it looks like the cover has a scratch, it was just crud on the cover no scratch
I can replace the half cut clutch knob if needed, I bought it this way and liked it.
$1500 or reasonable offer.

View attachment 3294629

View attachment 3294630

View attachment 3294631
Would you be willing to ship at my expense?

I would be ok with that.
BUT I'm a little uneasy about the fact that you just joined MUD 12 minutes ago.
Let me sleep on this.

I would be ok with that.
BUT I'm a little uneasy about the fact that you just joined MUD 12 minutes ago.
Let me sleep on this.
I just got my first fj40. 1979. It’s all good either way. I want a vintage 8274… Thanks!

Placerville CA? 😄

Your inquiry above indicates ur in Macon Ga, I have decided I am not willing to ship this.
Here is my history on this winch as stated above.
I bought the winch as an 8074.
8074 winch's did not come with a Clutch/freewheel option.
I bought a top cover with clutch and internal cover gears back around 2008ish and installed it on this winch, witch turned it into a 8274.
The date code on the original top cover, witch I still have is HC5, so if I translated that correctly the winch as an 8074 was made 08-03-1975.

Your inquiry above indicates ur in Macon Ga, I have decided I am not willing to ship this.
Here is my history on this winch as stated above.
I bought the winch as an 8074.
8074 winch's did not come with a Clutch/freewheel option.
I bought a top cover with clutch and internal cover gears back around 2008ish and installed it on this winch, witch turned it into a 8274.
The date code on the original top cover, witch I still have is HC5, so if I translated that correctly the winch as an 8074 was made 08-03-1975.
I read the history. I wanted the date. I have a brother in Sacramento. Good luck with the sale.

Sorry there have been people that get ripped off buying or selling on Mud, not saying you had that intention.
I just try to be cautious.
I will be listing the winch locally on Craigslist.
Locally covers Sacramento, and other areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom