E&E Off-Road 200 Series Skid Plate System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@bloc

Damnit dude! I should’ve ponied up the $$$. Let me check them out when they’re on before I leave town.

If you don’t catch @bloc you can check them out on mine as well.

@bloc

Damnit dude! I should’ve ponied up the $$$. Let me check them out when they’re on before I leave town.
I’ll let you know when I get them on.

Are all the first sets sold and shipped? Any word on the transfer case /rear cat guard section completion? Thanks!

Are all the first sets sold and shipped? Any word on the transfer case /rear cat guard section completion? Thanks!
I made 15 sets and sold 10. I was waiting for confirmation from the 10 members that they received and installed everything without problems.

So far only @prwillard2 has installed these, did anyone else?

There might be 1 or 2 available as some other members said they would like to buy from the 5 remaining sets.

For the transfercase area I should have metal parts in a week or 2 to fit up.

20230409_150140.jpg

20230409_145947.jpg

I made 15 sets and sold 10. I was waiting for confirmation from the 10 members that they received and installed everything without problems.
Mine are installed. Easily done solo. They look and fit great! Had a little issue that was 100% my fault getting holes in the front plate to line up, but after re-reading the directions and giving it another shot, everything dropped right in place.

Im looking forward to seeing the transfer case solution.

Sorry I’ve been swamped and wanted to do a thorough write up.

Everything worked great. I found it easiest to fit all the structural stuff with the bolts just loose enough to slide them around, lay the plates over that to get the outer bolts lined up, then carefully lower them and snug up the structural parts.

I opted for anti-seize over thread locker, given the small size of the hex on the countersunk skin bolts.

Cat guards seem to give plenty of airflow. They would be easy to get through with a reciprocating saw but they'll definitely slow anyone with one down, and that's the whole point.

It looks amazing and should work really well for the way I off-road.

I'd still love to see some way to fill the gap between the front edge and the stock bumper skin, to block the lower radiator from damage. Also possibly a foam block under the radiator like the factory provides.. but that's the OCD part of my brain talking.

Thanks for your feedback @bloc and @KenB
Glad you got them on and like them!

Since the skids mount to the sub frame it is easy to update individual parts. Like the front skid to protect the power steering radiator and lower radiator a little better. I'll take a look at this while my LX is down for a front end suspension rebuild.

@turbo8 are any of these still available? If not, any ideas on timing for a second batch?
1 or 2 sets available, but still waiting on confirmation from the others. Usually takes a month to get everything made.

Based on the demand, I'll get some more sets made after test fitting the transfer-case skids.

@turbo8 got mine, shipping was quick but I had SLAP tear surgery on 4/12. As soon as I get through the PT stage of recovery I plan on installing with an extra set of hands. I’ll update as soon as they’re installed.

@turbo8 got mine, shipping was quick but I had SLAP tear surgery on 4/12. As soon as I get through the PT stage of recovery I plan on installing with an extra set of hands. I’ll update as soon as they’re installed.
Atleast all the parts are pretty light. :)

Sign me up
Will do, I made 10 sets.

These will work with the first prototype skids too, so you are first on the list if you want these. Pm me

Got mine installed this weekend. Awesome workmanship @turbo8 ! Installation went pretty smooth although I tried using Vibratite VC-3 instead of loctite. You can pretreat the bolts ahead of time. The frame 14mm bolts went in with resistance which was scary in the beginning, but all went well. I guess we will see if VC-3 was a good idea or not.

I'm in for the transfer case skids as well. Might as well complete the system.

Got mine installed this weekend. Awesome workmanship @turbo8 ! Installation went pretty smooth although I tried using Vibratite VC-3 instead of loctite. You can pretreat the bolts ahead of time. The frame 14mm bolts went in with resistance which was scary in the beginning, but all went well. I guess we will see if VC-3 was a good idea or not.

I'm in for the transfer case skids as well. Might as well complete the system.
Great! I don't see any issues using Vibra-Tite. The reason I call out lubricant or Loctite is to minimize galling of the screws.

Will you continue to make more or is this a limited run @turbo8 ? I'm waiting for the Writers strike to work itself through before any purchases but I've been waiting!

Also does anyone have photos with these installed and a dissent bumper or a bull bar installed? Just want to see how it spaces all out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom