What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Steel is real. Got these FJC Steelies for @Alpine4X4 going to shoot them Prismatic crushed silver for the black shiny 80.
67BD2285-745C-4097-80CC-B319C315882C.jpeg

All I can say is "wow!" 😍
Had a CEL pop up today. Truck drove just fine, no engine hesitation, etc.

Plugged in my BlueDriver OBD2 code reader when I got home. Listed P0171 "Too lean bank 1."

Asked on a Facebook group about this and was told to inspect the intake hose. Apparently it can cause issues when the intake hose is in this condition.

View attachment 3304881

Just to clarify, the intake hose was not in this position when I opened the hood. It was inline but had split - I turned it as above to make the issue obvious.

Got my cases swapped. Only a few miles on it, so far very happy. Anyone considering, it’s absolutely worth doing. It was about a 4 hour job start to finish for me. Started soaking crossmemeber bolts a couple weeks ago, only broke one, I highly doubt mines ever been apart before looking at it. On a tech note, and only hiccup I had was when I pulled it out, the center diff was unlocked. I swapped all the switches over, and did the motor last. By that time, I was a dumbass and was messing with both of them to see how much wear/play was in my old one vs the new one and forgot the orientation. So, turn the gear on the top of the case all the way clockwise and that is unlocked. I did a couple quick searches to make sure I had it right, and couldnt find anything. A quick call to @orangefj45 , and problem solved. If you havent dealt with, or bought anything from Georg/Roark or the crew over there, they are top notch. Great to deal with!! Thanks again, Georg!! Also finally got my @TRAIL TAILOR skid and springs put in. Another great vendor on here to deal with. First wheeling trip of the year today!!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:
IMG_3173.jpeg

Finally been able to start my freshly twelve-volted 1HD-T!! Hell yeah, took me a month.. :D .. of course because I only had an hour here and there to work on her, but who cares. So, a new 12v starter from a current 7x series, new starter cables, starting relay cables, new wire from starter switch.

Also replaced my ageing fuel primer pump for a new Iveco one (mr Yota was waaay too expensive) plus a glass coarse filter / water separator from yet another truck. Finally getting her ready for an official rebirth after the crash.

I had considered those but I don't like the offset. I'll be curious to see how they look. I am considering them for my Datsun though. I'm debating 16s or 17s
That’s the reason I widened mine. Took very little weight, and they’re zeroed out.
They weigh about as much as a set of Methods.
I’m sure there will be others that will disagree but I’ve had all of them including Volks.
I prefer the OE + understated deeper look.
And I don’t have to worry about seeing them on someone else’s rig.
I will venture to say I have the only two sets on the planet considering what it cost to make them 😂
I DD my truck, so I’m hunting all around sorted performance. I also enjoy clowning TRD Pro amateurs. You know; driving the slow truck fast. Make sure you cover your brake pedal!
72B8DBD6-AA73-4112-8C13-530410196C19.jpeg
AFEC1F70-D854-4AC2-B003-F0E8288603C4.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day for the 4x4labs group buy.

Replaced that split air intake hose today. Got a Beck-Arnley brand replacement (made in Taiwan) from Rockauto.com for $42 - half as much as the Dorman brand replacement (the Dorman did come with new hose clamps.) The B-A replacement hose is actually a bit longer than the old stock hose but that did not inhibit installation of the replacement part.

IMG_4790.jpeg

IMG_4789.jpeg

IMG_4791.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom