What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our first kid is due 1 week from today so had to crank out some work on the 2000! First dropped the cruiser off at Iron Pig Offroad in Fredericksburg, VA to get the frame fixed and power washed. They sealed up a hole in the rear on the driver side frame rail as well as another at the passenger sway bar mount. Super happy with the work they did and they went through much effort to clean the frame for me so that I could apply Eastwood Rust Encapsulator over the next few days. I spend every spare minute (hour really) over the following 4 days painting the entire underside of the vehicle. Every metal bit that I could get to got a coat of Platinum Silver and then another coat of Encapsulator plus (black) over top. This was probably overkill but I don't want to have to do it again for a while and had already purchased the materials needed. I sprayed over it all with their extreme chassis black to give it a nice finish and get some of the silver spots I had missed on the second coat. I also used their internal frame spray to do three coats inside each crossmember and frame rail. Very happy with it all but man was it a beast of a job and got so messy doing it in my driveway. Changed a power steering hose that was causing a leak and found a seized rear caliper in the rear so those made for some "fun" finishing touches in the last push to get everything back together. Feels a lot better to have the frame treated and hoping to get many more years out of it.
Cruiser Paint job.jpg
IMG_5486.jpg
IMG_5468.jpg
IMG_5485.jpg

Tried to remove my 2" China wheel spacers today so I can toss them in the junk. I started at the rear, passenger side came off easily, driver side put up a huge fight. Long story short, took me about 2-3 hours to get it off. Fronts should be easy as I regularly service the bearings.

Anyone care to point me in the direction of a moderate 1" quality spacer?

Tried to remove my 2" China wheel spacers today so I can toss them in the junk. I started at the rear, passenger side came off easily, driver side put up a huge fight. Long story short, took me about 2-3 hours to get it off. Fronts should be easy as I regularly service the bearings.

Anyone care to point me in the direction of a moderate 1" quality spacer?

Bora or Spidertrax seem to have the best rep here. I've used Bora in the past, found them to be pretty high quality.

Our first kid is due 1 week from today so had to crank out some work on the 2000! First dropped the cruiser off at Iron Pig Offroad in Fredericksburg, VA to get the frame fixed and power washed. They sealed up a hole in the rear on the driver side frame rail as well as another at the passenger sway bar mount. Super happy with the work they did and they went through much effort to clean the frame for me so that I could apply Eastwood Rust Encapsulator over the next few days. I spend every spare minute (hour really) over the following 4 days painting the entire underside of the vehicle. Every metal bit that I could get to got a coat of Platinum Silver and then another coat of Encapsulator plus (black) over top. This was probably overkill but I don't want to have to do it again for a while and had already purchased the materials needed. I sprayed over it all with their extreme chassis black to give it a nice finish and get some of the silver spots I had missed on the second coat. I also used their internal frame spray to do three coats inside each crossmember and frame rail. Very happy with it all but man was it a beast of a job and got so messy doing it in my driveway. Changed a power steering hose that was causing a leak and found a seized rear caliper in the rear so those made for some "fun" finishing touches in the last push to get everything back together. Feels a lot better to have the frame treated and hoping to get many more years out of it. View attachment 3308460View attachment 3308459View attachment 3308458View attachment 3308457

Great work - glad to get those projects out of the way before your hands are even more full.

As someone with a 'Safety Third' mentality who also wants you to enjoy your forthcoming little one, please put the removed wheels under the sides of that truck when lifted as a safety measure and you're able to extract yourself from underneath, or at least not be crushed.

Great work - glad to get those projects out of the way before your hands are even more full.

As someone with a 'Safety Third' mentality who also wants you to enjoy your forthcoming little one, please put the removed wheels under the sides of that truck when lifted as a safety measure and you're able to extract yourself from underneath, or at least not be crushed.
Thank you for the tip! I did try and have them in place or at least the jack with light pressure on at least one side of the vehicle so that I would not be crushed. It was definitely a little unnerving at times with all 4 wheels off the ground!

Nice work! Going to tackle this in a few weeks! Mine stop working when it gets hot out.
Yep, that failing electric motor gets heat soaked and loses any power it's got left.

2” wheel spacers removed. Curious to see if this helps with my 70+ vibration. Def not digging the look so may need to pick up some 1.25” spacers.

IMG_9040.jpeg

I've run 1.25's and 2's. Any vibration I've ever had has turned out to be an out of balance tire issue.

Jim
I wish that was the case. I have the same exact vibration I did before I got new tires.

Changed misc evap hoses and ventilation hoses

View attachment 3304474
^ old hoses were cracked and taped with electrical tape, replaced new

View attachment 3304476
^ Only half of the charcoal canister hoses available. The other side was discontinued

View attachment 3304477
^ New PCV and vacuum hose

View attachment 3304479
^ these valve switching hoses came in a set of two, also replaced new

Yes I am planning to buy new power steering pump hoses soon. Those are not looking so well
Wanting to do this as well. 💪

@Land Shark there is also a 5 pack on ebay to include the rear cargo door.

Thanks fellas. I don't have any that are failing at the moment but will probable pick up on put on the shelf JIC. I remember a thread I was reading some time ago and sourcing these was problematic.

Thanks fellas. I don't have any that are failing at the moment but will probable pick up on put on the shelf JIC. I remember a thread I was reading some time ago and sourcing these was problematic.
did these require any modifications?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom