Events/Trails Cruisers on the Rockies: Silverton Colorado July 24-28 -- EARLY REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 24 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ga12r1

The "triple locked" troll himself...
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisersontherocks.com
Hey guys! I'm excited to announce Cruisers on the Rockies coming to Silverton Colorado summer 2024!!!

These last 3 years we have had so much fun doing Cruisers on the Rocks in Tennessee that we have decided to expand to Colorado with an all new event!

We are gonna be bringing everything that has made COTR East great and adding even more! The Welcome Party and Cookout, Potluck Night, Dissent Off-Road Cornhole Tournament, Swap Meet, Catered Dinner, and of course Raffle Night will all be happening along with some new surprises!

There's still a lot of hard work to do before next July but rest assured this will be an event you don't want to miss! Just like the original Cruisers on the Rocks we are sticking to our guns and this will be a 100, 200, and 300 Series only event!

Btw, Cruisers on the Rocks at Windrock will still be happening! "Crockies":rofl: is a NEW event in addition to COTR East. So starting next year there will be two annual events. 2024 will give us Cruisers on the Rockies in Silverton and COTR4 in Tennessee! And maybe the best part: East and West attendees will receive early registration for both of the next years events:D
This years COTR3 attendees will also get first shot at registration for Cruisers on the Rockies in 2024!:steer:

Make sure to follow Cruisers on the Rocks and the new Cruisers on the Rockies Instagram for the latest news and updates. Also make sure to subscribe to the monthly COTR newsletter at Cruisersontherocks.com.

See you soon!
Lee

(UPDATE)- FEBRUARY NEWSLETTER

Hey guys! February was super busy with all things COTR! There's a lot going on in the COTR world and this email will give you an update as to what's happening. So let's get into it!

Cruisers on the Rockies July 24-28 Silverton, Colorado
  • Registration for Cruisers on the Rockies (Crockies) will take place in April. We have not set a date yet, but we’re working towards the first or second week of the month.
  • Previous COTR attendees, along with active military and veterans, will have an opportunity to register early before registration goes public.
  • Registration will be capped at 100 trucks.
  • Event registration will include:
    • 4 nights of primitive camping at event HQ (Ground tents, Travel trailers, RTTs are all ok)
    • Hot breakfast Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
    • Meals at the Wednesday Night Welcome Party Cookout, Friday Night Potluck Dinner, and Saturday Night BBQ Dinner
    • All the soft drinks and beer you can drink at meals and group activities
    • Daily guided trail rides
    • All group activities at HQ
    • Driver Swag Bag (Event T-Shirt, Event Sticker, Event Patch and more!)
    • 1 General Raffle ticket and 1 Targeted Raffle ticket
    • 1 additional General Raffle ticket and 1 additional Targeted Raffle ticket may be purchased by each driver. 100% of the raffle proceeds will go towards the COTR Trail Cleanup Day planned for Spring 2025 (Date and Location TBD)
  • Guest Tickets will be available for guests attending, camping, or riding with a registered driver. A Guest Ticket will include 4 nights of primitive camping in the event area with the driver, access to Welcome Party Cookout, Potluck Night, and the BBQ Dinner Saturday night. Children 5 and under do not need a Guest Ticket.
A tentative Cruisers on the Rockies Schedule is now up on Cruisersontherocks.com. We are adding things along and along as we get closer to the event. Since originally being posted, I've added "COTR Swap Meet" to Thursday evening. Thursday night is the only night dinner will not be provided at the event. We wanted to take Thursday night to encourage everyone to go out and spend a little money in Silverton, either trying one of the awesome restaurants or picking up groceries from town and cooking at camp. We are still going to put together something fun that night after the Swap Meet so everyone can hangout after eating. We are also working on something cool after the Potluck Friday night.

Guided Trail runs will leave out every morning from Silverton at different times. We will be offering about 12 different runs and they will vary in degrees of difficulty. From trails that you will be able to take a stock Cruiser on to trails that you'll want to be armored and locked on, we will have plenty of options for every build and skill level. Regardless of difficulty, all the trails will have one thing in common: the views and scenery will be epic!

I've been thinking about Cruisers on the Rockies for the past 3 years and I can promise you it's gonna be special. I can't wait to see you guys there!

P.S. - We are also looking at offering a sunset into night run on the Poughkeepsie Wall!

Cruisers on the Rocks 4 October 24-27 Windrock Park, Tennessee

Lots of new things in the works for this year! With new trails, new activities, and new ideas, we are working to make the 4th year of COTR the best ever! We are also listening to feedback, adjusting and fine-tuning things like guided trail departure times, breakfast and dinner improvements, and adding more PortaToilets to the event area. As much fun as it's been the last 3 years, I know we can make some improvements and that's my goal.

We are also looking at some ways to honor and recognize past COTR attendees and attendees that have been to both COTR and Crockies.

Registration for COTR4 will open in early July. There's still a long way to go before the event, but it's hard not to get excited!

Cleanup on the Rocks March 16 Warwoman Dell, Clayton, Georgia

COTR’s first trail cleanup event "Cleanup on the Rocks" is this Saturday at Warwoman Dell outside of Clayton, GA. If you haven't got your FREE Ticket yet they are Available Here at Cruiserontherocks.com along with the Cleanup on the Rocks Schedule. We will be cooking BBQ Pulled Pork and Ribs on site along with sides and all the beer or soft drinks you can handle. All you have to do is get a FREE ticket and show up (and hopefully pick up a bag of trash). It's gonna be some great COTR fun!

Without a doubt It's the biggest year for COTR yet. The entire team is incredibly excited for what 2024 has in store! Thanks so much for coming along for the ride. See you soon!

Lee

(UPDATE) January Newsletter:

Hey guys! 2024 is here and planning for all three COTR events is well underway!

Cruisers on the Rockies 2024 "The Maiden Voyage" (Crockies)
Cruisers on the Rockies 2024 is probably the most anticipated COTR event this year. Crockies is set for July 24-28 in Silverton, Colorado. HQ and group camping will be at the Kendall Mountain Recreation Center in Silverton. The format for the event will be very similar to Cruisers on the Rocks held at Windrock Park in Tennessee. We plan to take everything the has been successful at COTR and move it west, while adding some exciting new activities too. Here's a preliminary schedule:

Wednesday
2pm: Check-in and camping open
7pm: Welcome Party and Cookout

Thursday
730-830am: Breakfast for all
745-930am: Guided Trail Rides depart
6pm: COTR Swap Meet

Friday
6pm: Potluck Dinner
730pm: Group Activity TBD

Saturday
6pm: Southern Style BBQ Dinner
730pm: Driver Raffle

Sunday
Clean up and Depart by 11am

The Kendall Mountain Recreation Area is at the base of Kendall Mountain and features a huge lodge and meeting facility surrounded by a large field for camping. The lodge has plenty of space inside for our group breakfasts, dinners, and raffle plus a huge wraparound deck that we will use for activities and the Welcome Party. The deck looks out over the field where primitive camping will be provided for all attendees Wednesday-Sunday. From the Recreation Area it's only a 1-minute drive or 5-minute walk to downtown Silverton, making it super easy to explore the historic city or find supplies or groceries at Silverton Hardware or Silverton Grocery.

Along with all the group activities at Crockies, we will also have guided trail rides leaving out each morning. We will be offering a choice from at least 10 different runs each day, giving everyone the opportunity to experience the world famous trails while also learning proper trail etiquette and Tread Lightly practices.

Everything regarding the Kendall Mountain facility is set and we are currently working with federal agencies to secure all the necessary and proper permitting for the guided trail runs. Once permitting is in place, we will open up registration for the event in late March or early April. Look for more info next month!

COTR Trail Cleanup Day 2024
Before the big events of Cruisers on the Rockies 2024 and Cruisers on the Rocks 4, there's the FREE COTR Trail Cleanup Day. We are currently looking at March 16th at a location in North Georgia. We plan to meet in the morning and supply participants with trash bags so they can then explore the trails in the area on their own while picking up trash along the way. We will meet up again in the afternoon to gather the trash and have some fun! That evening we will be serving BBQ fresh off the smoker along with plenty of beverages. Everyone that brings back a bag of trash from the trail will get a ticket to drop on some awesome prizes we will be drawing for after the dinner. After the drawing we will be staying late to hang out, swap stories, and tell lies. It's gonna be a blast! Final details will be going out early next month.

Cruisers on the Rocks 4 "The Fantastic Fourth"
Dates for COTR4 are October 24-27 at Windrock Park in Tennessee and registration will open early July. We are really excited about this year and have some awesome plans! Since we had so much fun dressing up for the 60s and 70s theme at COTR3 and since we are so close to Halloween, we've decided to make this year's Thursday Night Welcome Party and Cookout a full-blown costume party! We are also working on adding a few more competitions and activities to this year's event. Another addition to COTR4 will be several interesting new trail runs. Even though we are 10 months out, it's hard not to get excited!

It's gonna be a busy year for the COTR crew and we are so glad to have you guys on board! We can't wait to see you soon!

Lee

PS: I've attached a few photos of the Kendall Mountain Lodge and the camping area.

Kendall+Building+Summer.jpg

J&A+WED-19-41-26-2-2.jpg

20375915_1696709580387686_6262325408356618050_n.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, I'll be there this July lol. Depending on when and where LCDC is next year I might have to try and make this as well or instead.

Is the goal to be something of a spiritual successor to HIH? Obviously the San Juans are always gonna be the San Juans, but I still haven't been to an event that matched the community feel of HIH with so many people camping close together and the night events.

Is the goal to be something of a spiritual successor to HIH? Obviously the San Juans are always gonna be the San Juans, but I still haven't been to an event that matched the community feel of HIH with so many people camping close together and the night events.
I would say the goal is to give the community a great annual event in the San Jauns. With that being said HIH was the main influence that led to having COTR on the East coast. We took what we thought were the best parts of HIH and decided to build on that as a foundation while also introducing new ideas and activities. I think most HIH attendees that come to Cruisers on the Rockies will see more similarities than differences. COTR has always been about community and friendships, even more so than than the trails and the trucks. We work hard to give the experience a personal touch. It's definitely more personal than events like GSMTR or Cruise Moab. Those events are great on their own but being so large they are just different. We work hard to try and make sure everyone knows everyone by events end. Just like HIH, capping registration at 100 trucks is part of that.

Cruisers on the Rockies will be it's own event but I don't think any of the guys that attended HIH will be disappointed :)

I would say the goal is to give the community a great annual event in the San Jauns. With that being said HIH was the main influence that led to having COTR on the East coast. We took what we thought were the best parts of HIH and decided to build on that as a foundation while also introducing new ideas and activities. I think most HIH attendees that come to Cruisers on the Rockies will see more similarities than differences. COTR has always been about community and friendships, even more so than than the trails and the trucks. We work hard to give the experience a personal touch. It's definitely more personal than events like GSMTR or Cruise Moab. Those events are great on their own but being so large they are just different. We work hard to try and make sure everyone knows everyone by events end. Just like HIH, capping registration at 100 trucks is part of that.

Cruisers on the Rockies will be it's own event but I don't think any of the guys that attended HIH will be disappointed :)

Count me in (as long as I can snag a spot)

I'm interested depending on dates....

I will be adding some new info to the cruisersontherocks.com website this week. In the meantime here is a copy of the January COTR Newsletter with a tentative Crockies schedule:

Hey guys! 2024 is here and planning for all three COTR events is well underway!

Cruisers on the Rockies 2024 "The Maiden Voyage" (Crockies)
Cruisers on the Rockies 2024 is probably the most anticipated COTR event this year. Crockies is set for July 24-28 in Silverton, Colorado. HQ and group camping will be at the Kendall Mountain Recreation Center in Silverton. The format for the event will be very similar to Cruisers on the Rocks held at Windrock Park in Tennessee. We plan to take everything the has been successful at COTR and move it west, while adding some exciting new activities too. Here's a preliminary schedule:

Wednesday
2pm: Check-in and camping open
7pm: Welcome Party and Cookout

Thursday
6pm: COTR Swap Meet

Friday
6pm: Potluck Dinner
730pm: Group Activity TBD

Saturday
6pm: Southern Style BBQ Dinner
730pm: Driver Raffle

Sunday
Clean up and Depart by 11am

The Kendall Mountain Recreation Area is at the base of Kendall Mountain and features a huge lodge and meeting facility surrounded by a large field for camping. The lodge has plenty of space inside for our group breakfasts, dinners, and raffle plus a huge wraparound deck that we will use for activities and the Welcome Party. The deck looks out over the field where primitive camping will be provided for all attendees Wednesday-Sunday. From the Recreation Area it's only a 1-minute drive or 5-minute walk to downtown Silverton, making it super easy to explore the historic city or find supplies or groceries at Silverton Hardware or Silverton Grocery.

Along with all the group activities at Crockies, we will also have guided trail rides leaving out each morning. We will be offering a choice from at least 10 different runs each day, giving everyone the opportunity to experience the world famous trails while also learning proper trail etiquette and Tread Lightly practices.

Everything regarding the Kendall Mountain facility is set and we are currently working with federal agencies to secure all the necessary and proper permitting for the guided trail runs. Once permitting is in place, we will open up registration for the event in late March or early April. Look for more info next month!

COTR Trail Cleanup Day 2024
Before the big events of Cruisers on the Rockies 2024 and Cruisers on the Rocks 4, there's the FREE COTR Trail Cleanup Day. We are currently looking at March 16th at a location in North Georgia. We plan to meet in the morning and supply participants with trash bags so they can then explore the trails in the area on their own while picking up trash along the way. We will meet up again in the afternoon to gather the trash and have some fun! That evening we will be serving BBQ fresh off the smoker along with plenty of beverages. Everyone that brings back a bag of trash from the trail will get a ticket to drop on some awesome prizes we will be drawing for after the dinner. After the drawing we will be staying late to hang out, swap stories, and tell lies. It's gonna be a blast! Final details will be going out early next month.

Cruisers on the Rocks 4 "The Fantastic Fourth"
Dates for COTR4 are October 24-27 at Windrock Park in Tennessee and registration will open early July. We are really excited about this year and have some awesome plans! Since we had so much fun dressing up for the 60s and 70s theme at COTR3 and since we are so close to Halloween, we've decided to make this year's Thursday Night Welcome Party and Cookout a full-blown costume party! We are also working on adding a few more competitions and activities to this year's event. Another addition to COTR4 will be several interesting new trail runs. Even though we are 10 months out, it's hard not to get excited!

It's gonna be a busy year for the COTR crew and we are so glad to have you guys on board! We can't wait to see you soon!

Lee

PS: I've attached a few photos of the Kendall Mountain Lodge and the camping area.

Kendall+Building+Summer.jpg

J&A+WED-19-41-26-2-2.jpg

20375915_1696709580387686_6262325408356618050_n.jpg

Last edited:
FREE tickets to the March 16 COTR Trail Cleanup Day “Cleanup on the Rocks” are now available at cruisersontherocks.com. Due to space at Warwoman Dell the number of tickets are limited! Make sure to get yours today!!! More info is available on the registration page.
D4AE7D2C-F6BE-4B01-A6CE-F73A3C119EE6.jpg

Hard to tell from the pics. Do they allow travel trailers at the primitave camping site or just tents?
Travel Trailers are no problem, mine is actually in one of the photos. I took it to both HIH8 and HIH9 that was held there 👍

I’m in. 100%. I assume you just register on the site?

-Scott
Yes sir. Registration hasn’t opened yet. We have the venue secured, insurance in place, and all local and federal permits expert for one that should come though any day now.. Once we have the last permit we will set registration dates. Should be late March-early April.
February newsletter with more info should go out this weekend.
Our eastern event Cruisers on the Rocks is a 100 truck event, so we plan to do 100 trucks in Colorado as well. We’ve found 100 trucks is large enough to accommodate most people that want to attend while still not losing the small intimate feel of the event. It’s a great event for making lifelong friends. 👍

Last edited:
I know a lot of you guys out west aren't very familiar with our East Coast event "Cruisers on the Rocks" so thought I would add a few pictures from last October's Cruisers on the Rocks 3 "The Trip".

COTR3 was a 100 truck event limited to 100 and 200 Series only. In addition to guided trail runs we had a 60s and 70s themed ("The Trip") welcome party and cookout, Potluck Dinner, Dissent Off-Road Cornhole Tournament, hot breakfast every morning with sausage, bacon, and eggs for everyone, Swap Meet, and a BBQ Dinner(cooked overnight onsite by COTR Trail Leader Matt Bowling) and Raffle. We plan to take all of this out west and add even more fun activities!

We run some awesome trails but the most important part of the COTR events are the people. So I'm not including any truck and trail pics(we see plenty of those everyday), just pics of the people part of the event.

I can't wait to see everyone again this July and October!!

Trail Leader Group Shot at Welcome Party and Cookout
cotr-33.jpg

My wife and my mother. The two ladies that make the events happen.(and me as Leevel Knievel)
cotr-34.jpg

Potluck Dinner
cotr-44.jpg
cotr-46.jpg
cotr-53.jpg

Dissent Off-Road Cornhole Tournament
cotr-68.jpg

Winner and 2nd Place
cotr-89.jpg

Pork Butts coming off the COTR smoker after cooking all night
cotr-92.jpg

125 Chicken Thighs going on the COTR Cooker
cotr-99.jpg

Pitt Master and COTR Trail Leader Matt Bowling after pulling and all nighter
cotr-96.jpg

Shots from COTR Drivers Raffle
Raffle-63.jpg
cotr-127.jpg
cotr-176.jpg

I made this a sticky thread. Now just need to decide which event to go on :)

I made this a sticky thread. Now just need to decide which event to go on :)
Thanks! Look forward to seeing you out at Cruise Moab this year!

Love everything about this. Fingers crossed I get a spot. Thanks for putting this on. The amount of work this type of stuff takes is incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom