Who makes the best High Steer Kit for a FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FYI - I noticed the other day that Front Range has a few different options...

I’m a big fan of my All Pro Hi steer setup.

Well, after pondering I think I’ll use RHD J7-series tie rod upside down, it’ll raise the tie rod about 8 cm/3”. Only need to reaming out the stock steering arms for the larger tie rod ends. I already have J7 relay rod.

What you think? I don’t see any problems. 4” SUA and J6 power steering box.

Edit: would need maybe 17” wheels, 16” at least

Last edited:
I run 2 trucks with the 4x4Labs high steer-great stuff. If you upgrade to 6 stud knuckles, he can supply 6 stud arms too. I even had him custom bend the custom arms on my FJ40. Very good stuff.

However, the 1 ton Chevy ends that Luke supplies seem to wear out fast. It would be worth it, to get the part numbers from him and order the real MOOG parts made here in the USA. The boots are much better and they don't seem to have the same problem with premature wear.

They are sold by Amazon, so easy to get and not too expensive.
I know this is an old thread, but do you have the part numbers for the replacement tire rod ends?

1 ton GM parts. Should be in stock at any NAPA
I also came across these.. RuffStuff "Y" Link TRE Replacement Kit - https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/YLINKREPLACE.html anyone have experience with this replacement kit? I also came across these which claim to have more articulation than the stock 1 ton ends. GM 1 Ton Tie Rod End ES2234R Right Hand Driver Side - https://barnes4wd.com/products/gm-1-ton-tie-rod-end-es2234r-right-hand?_pos=9&_sid=53f1fade5&_ss=r

Last edited:
Not for nothin but who cares about articulation on a tie rod ? I like Barnes & Ruff Stuff, I also like Parts Mike for this type of stuff. Good service & fast.

Talk to Luke at 4x4 Labs.

Hands down the best hysteer products.
Is he still making the hi steer? I cant find it on his website. I called and emailed Luke with no reply...

I spoke with Mark Hawley at Rubithon and he thought Luke & 4x4 Labs was still open.

I spoke with Mark Hawley at Rubithon and he thought Luke & 4x4 Labs was still open.
I left him two phone messages... No reply yet. Maybe he's camping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom