Mini Tractors - lets see um (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I recently built an addition to my shop. Did all the grading work with the bucket and the double box blade with rippers.

312236697_458766539569283_5739925999235966160_n.jpg

312386597_458766599569277_4116576709036938736_n.jpg

313400290_463944262384844_5591874836479389510_n.jpg
Assume that double box blade doubles as road leveler? I have similar land pride and it’s amazing how well it pulls the gravel off edges and crests your roads. Like you I have a ton of work to do with it putting down gravel in front of shop.

I have beet juice in my Kubota M5 111, never had an issue.

Like others I think you did alright, these tractors are in high demand, one with your pedigree is even more rare. Nice find!!

Just purchased the wife a L3402 last week for all our lawn work and brush hogging under trees. Along with all the other tasks a tractor could be used on our farm.

View attachment 3302917

Nice looking property! The smile on your Wife's face shows she approves of the purchase. Smart move. 👍

Nice tractor.

I have a Kubota B3300SU with backhoe I keep at my cabin property. I use the backhoe for timber cleanup and digging out stumps. During the winter I use it to plow out our place with a rear mounted snowblower. Usually I have to go through deep snow so I use low and it bogs a little depending on how heavy the snow is. The tractor is the best tool I own and most used. I just bought LED lighting to seriously light up the work area around which I will be installing in the next month or 2. I also recently used it to build a pole barn and trenches for plumbing and waste.

6EAA5DB6-EE2A-4A94-B637-54275ACC221E.jpeg

976E2D06-1B1C-4E9A-98B3-B2D9E00E4EC6.jpeg

C14DF435-B140-4C50-9BA4-3604A846A46E.jpeg

Last edited:
I recently built an addition to my shop. Did all the grading work with the bucket and the double box blade with rippers.

312236697_458766539569283_5739925999235966160_n.jpg

Looks good. That implement is actually a 'Land Plane' (Box Blade is a bit different).

Tractors are mighty handy....aren't they? 👍

Thanks much, I just know it works well :)
I played around with different adjustments while grading around the new slab. Grading the stone was pretty straight forward. I'll be getting another 40 ton soon now that the first layer has been pushed into the clay and earlier stone as a hard base.

Thanks much, I just know it works well :)
I played around with different adjustments while grading around the new slab. Grading the stone was pretty straight forward. I'll be getting another 40 ton soon now that the first layer has been pushed into the clay and earlier stone as a hard base.

Land Plane is the perfect implement for leveling and moving gravel (and some soils). Box Blade is better at gathering larger amounts of soil/gravel....moving from one spot to another and filling holes, but both can be used for your purposes. You've done a great job!

I am an accidental Rancher at best. I have a tractor because my wife has horses :) Thought we bought a small farm, was told I am a rancher, not a farmer, OK. Funny part is, to get all my AG stamps in order we became a tree farm. Hands down, tractor is the most versatile tool I own.

I'll be getting another 40 ton soon now that the first layer has been pushed into the clay and earlier stone as a hard base.
Better to start with a layer of geotextile fabric before the stone. That way the clay doesn't continually squeeze up into the stone.

Plowing the snow so you can ride the moped???

Did some tractor work over the weekend making a temporary access into my back lot. Long term plan is an access ramp along the back property line (by the cell tower "tree", but to do it right I need more pipe, way more soil, an excavator and a real vibratory compaction roller. I'm just not ready for all that yet. This ramp will allow me access to dump and stockpile materials, and also park my junk out of my line of sight from the house! This tractor is going to be a game changer in my long term plans for my properties. There are a few LC's peeking out in the photos for relevant cruiser content.

88BEF691-8443-4DBD-89CB-F3B6271B069F.jpeg

4FB43652-6CE1-4131-BF02-0CAE4AF70099.jpeg

15DBF30F-356C-4E29-ADE9-38C5BD9DA35B.jpeg

5D1CD47A-FE92-491A-BA27-E91762EE34E0.jpeg

4CB245A6-CC8F-46A7-A441-14E947D319B9.jpeg

Took delivery on this one today. Maybe slightly larger than mini but having grown up on a farm it’s about as mini as I could go.

Very excited about the grapple attachment. We have a lot of downed trees that the PO obviously never addressed. Might have to have some Texas A&M sized bonfires soon.

7DF21BF1-560F-4998-89D5-64CE27747989.jpeg

781C0712-BADB-45D6-805F-71FEB0152E17.jpeg

7BD52A2D-68B4-4382-A082-BDF757959D8C.jpeg

Took delivery on this one today. Maybe slightly larger than mini but having grown up on a farm it’s about as mini as I could go.

Very excited about the grapple attachment. We have a lot of downed trees that the PO obviously never addressed. Might have to have some Texas A&M sized bonfires soon.

View attachment 3308318

View attachment 3308319

View attachment 3308321
What sizes did you go with? Got wife a L3902 with 5’ brush hog last week, once it quits raining she is going to have plenty of mowing to do. We primarily use the small tractor with the finish mower and it does great.

I use the grapple for tons of stuff, initially bought to use on my big tractor but have since switched the hydraulic couplings and use with my skid steer mostly.

@greenbeast Jon it's an MX5400. Heavy duty bush hog and box blade (you mid-west guys kill me with brush hog btw but I'm sure that cuts both ways.......pun intended). Side panels on the box blade are 1/2" plate...not pretty but stout. The grapple is an absolute beast (at least relative to the tractor HP).

You need the quick release bucket for that grapple attachment don't you? Any other modifications to use it? Maybe front hydraulics as well? I have been looking at that as we use ours for a ton of tree clearing on our property. I don't have the quick release bucket and only have rear hydraulics hook up.

I scoffed at the 5’ brush hog, for some reason she remembered I used that as a reason to clean under the trees. Of course can’t use the finish mower for that.

I have a heady duty Land pride 15’ bat wing for the big tractor and it weighs a freaking ton but will tackle anything I can run over. Hate to say but the little brush hog will look the same next year.

You need the quick release bucket for that grapple attachment don't you? Any other modifications to use it? Maybe front hydraulics as well? I have been looking at that as we use ours for a ton of tree clearing on our property. I don't have the quick release bucket and only have rear hydraulics hook up.
It’s pretty easy to have 3rd remote added for the bucket.

Yes that grapple is a quick release. Not sure if they make them for the standard release but I assume they do? You need a third function valve up front or at least that's what they added for me.

Grapple is nice to have. Bought one when I moved to new place a few years ago and soon wished I'd bought one 20 years earlier. A set of quick attach forks is also nice and what stays on my L4630 most of the time.
I was thinking today that I should have bought forks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom