SOLD Illinois: 1979 FJ55 Land Cruiser - No Affiliation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 55 Series
Outside Link
https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/cary-1979-fj55-land-cruiser/7608823510.html
No affiliation - Spotted this on local craigslist this AM. Wish I had the time to do a restoration on this one. Looks pretty complete.
If anyone from mud buys it let me know!

Looking to sell my 1979 FJ55 (Iron Pig). I’m asking $20k or best reasonable offer. I am in a far NW suburb of Chicago. I bought it 4 years ago from Idaho. It has never seen Chicago winters. It is garage kept. Original engine, trans, frame. When purchased, I had an Idaho LC shop pull engine & trans and reseal everything, new clutch, new water pump, front end parts, oil pan gasket, de-smog it and more I think. Compression readings were also good. They put a lot of hours into it and it wasn’t cheap. Since home, I had radiator re-cored with 4 cores, new windshield, and new clutch slave cylinder. It runs great, brakes are good, tires are older with decent tread. It has factory PS but no AC. Odometer shows 81k but doesn’t work. Everything works except for rear hatch window switch, but dash switch works and window operates as it should. All windows roll up and down easily. No leaks. All lights, turn signals, wipers, washers work. Front seat needs repair. Any rust was cut out and treated with a rust inhibitor. Fenders were patched with PC-7 two-part epoxy and sheet aluminum. Rear quarters were patched with bendable stainless steel mesh and epoxy. This is a very good non-welding method that lasts a long time. A few small tailgate dents were pulled out with a spot welder. I am not trying to hide anything. Gutters and floors are good and untouched by me. One small rust thru on floor near passenger rear seat. Body needs final sanding, primer, and paint. My plan was to do a DIY garage paint job since I wasn’t looking for a show piece, but you may have more painting experience. I have all de-smog parts and original carb. I also have all excellent condition emblems that I removed. It’s a good, hard to find last year of a classic. I’m getting older and the thrill is gone for me. I want my garage back also.
I would welcome someone to see/drive/buy in person. Adding a few pics. Feel free to share with someone that may be interested. If you didn’t have ham for Easter, come get your pig now.

00M0M_bCFMnuhtBJW_0x20oM_600x450.jpg

01515_aLUIYHTw03e_0x20oM_600x450.jpg

00404_c6UaI8LYeGB_0x20oM_600x450.jpg

00x0x_7Z3b2mL8376_0x20oM_600x450.jpg

I’m really tempted to go look at it, but I’m hoping someone else will buy it before I do something stupid and bring it home.

I’m really tempted to go look at it, but I’m hoping someone else will buy it before I do something stupid and bring it home.

Nothing stupid about buying an Iron Pig...especially a solid '79...consider it an appreciating investment.

Nothing stupid about buying an Iron Pig...especially a solid '79...consider it an appreciating investment.
That’s what keep telling myself, but I just bought a 200 last week and the 200 would probably get parked outside.

As it should

If closer I’d look at it, a 79 with some nice features!

That’s what keep telling myself, but I just bought a 200 last week and the 200 would probably get parked outside.
I think you should come see it and drive it…lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom