What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You might want to recheck your rebuild, the steering stop in backwards. The screw/nut is facing the wrong direction it is supposed to inwards.

View attachment 3304204
Yessir, thank you! We were jamming today. The vapor honer just installed the hardware back randomly.
Many details for tomorrow. Still have to install shocks, brake calipers, brake lines, etc..
Needed to get the wheels back on it and in the garage.
Got a little excited probably should’ve waited to post those shots.
There’s brake caliper still hanging from zip ties and other things that wouldn’t look very good either lol!
I’ll send you some pictures when it’s done and you can critique it for me.
Pretty much roached after today it was 13 hours nonstop and we had to push the truck back in the garage legs were shaking lol!
This was a complete knuckle job, bearings, springs, and brakes. and a few other things I can’t remember 1day.
8EA2E4CE-E7B6-42F9-819F-729C495322C0.jpeg
This is how they came from my buddy’s Vapor shop.
Truck was in driveway for media blasting and painting of frame.
Needed to get it back in the garage and get out of the sun.

Last edited:
Received my tweeter pods today from @Outsane Solvefunction. Man, these things are beasts!

tweeterpod01.jpg

Perfect fit for the Kicker KS tweeters.
tweeterpod02.jpg

Drilled the access hole out a little bit and installed a grummet that I happened to have. Was able to easily fish the wire down to the speaker area..
tweeterpod05.jpg

Passenger side mounted..
tweeterpod06.jpg

Drivers side maounted..
tweeterpod08.jpg

Running the Kicker KS series 6.5 component speakers full active using a Kicker Key 200.4 amplifier. Initially, I had the amp tuned with the speaker’s setup as coaxial. I plan to retune the amp this weekend as I need to pull the head unit and make changes to the wiring.

Just a short listening session with the current tune, I am really impressed with how the sound stage changed by simply moving the tweeters. Can’t wait to let the amp dsp do its thing.

I retract my statement.
No, man, you’re cool!
I got excited and screwed up and threw up some pics before I checked my work.
Truck has been levitating in my driveway for over a month so I just wanted to get it in the shop so I could be out there with my son.
My buddy @js0k completely took the bull by the horns today!
Couldn’t have done this without his help.
Anyway, thank you for pointing this out. Got a little ahead of myself.
I was pretty much delirious when I took those pics on the fly and posted them.

No, man, you’re cool!
I got excited and screwed up and threw up some pics before I checked my work.
Truck has been levitating in my driveway for over a month so I just wanted to get it in the shop so I could be out there with my son.
My buddy @js0k completely took the bull by the horns today!
Couldn’t have done this without his help.
Anyway, thank you for pointing this out. Got a little ahead of myself.
I was just pointing out the obvious, your mistake will not hurt anything. Just correct the issue and you are good.

I was just pointing out the obvious, your mistake will not hurt anything. Just correct the issue and you are good.
I appreciate you pointing it out to me because, quite honestly, I didn’t even notice it tonight. I was done
at that point.
I was just stoked to have it back in the garage and see it with wheels on lol!

Last edited:
Received my tweeter pods today from @Outsane Solvefunction. Man, these things are beasts!

View attachment 3304229

Perfect fit for the Kicker KS tweeters.
View attachment 3304230

Drilled the access hole out a little bit and installed a grummet that I happened to have. Was able to easily fish the wire down to the speaker area..
View attachment 3304231

Passenger side mounted..
View attachment 3304232

Drivers side maounted..
View attachment 3304233

Running the Kicker KS series 6.5 component speakers full active using a Kicker Key 200.4 amplifier. Initially, I had the amp tuned with the speaker’s setup as coaxial. I plan to retune the amp this weekend as I need to pull the head unit and make changes to the wiring.

Just a short listening session with the current tune, I am really impressed with how the sound stage changed by simply moving the tweeters. Can’t wait to let the amp dsp do its thing.
These are sick! I had them in my previous rig looking forward for the next set.

937EA767-60F3-4AC2-94CE-4589CBEBFA63.jpeg

Pulled out of the commuter traffic on the highway and romped down a short and rugged trail to some tide pools. Realized why even on a Friday afternoon this beach would be empty... the initial 2’ drop off and first 30 yards of deep articulating dips would stop most normal vehicles.

Gotta love the Landcruiser. 30 years old, completely stock, and it went down only touching the undercarriage at the start. And handled the alternating articulating dips with ease.

After a pleasant hour at the tide pools while traffic subsided, the 80 crawled right up and out easily. The angle of the photo of the loose rocks and chunks of asphalt at the point of getting back on pavement doesn’t do it justice; it was a lot more rugged and loose than the picture shows, with a drop off all the way to the ocean on the right. The suburban which had been parked on the other side on my way in forcing me straight off the drop off on the left had moved by the time I headed out. I had to go over the loose chunks of asphalt to go up over the lip and onto the pavement. Newly resurected 80 series is a little rough and raw yet, but brings a smile to my face.
01FE0A15-4197-4690-B837-1EDCEF390896.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 3304532
Pulled out of the commuter traffic on the highway and romped down a short and rugged trail to some tide pools. Realized why even on a Friday afternoon this beach would be empty... the initial 2’ drop off and first 30 yards of deep articulating dips would stop most normal vehicles.

Gotta love the Landcruiser. 30 years old, completely stock, and it went down only touching the undercarriage at the start. And handled the alternating articulating dips with ease.

After a pleasant hour at the tide pools while traffic subsided, the 80 crawled right up and out easily. The angle of the photo of the loose rocks and chunks of asphalt at the point of getting back on pavement doesn’t do it justice; it was a lot more rugged and loose than the picture shows, with a drop off all the way to the ocean on the right. The suburban which had been parked on the other side on my way in forcing me straight off the drop off on the left. On the way out they had moved their vehicle, and I had to go over the loose chunks of asphalt to go up over the lip and onto the pavement.
View attachment 3304533
I have been to Maui once, I drove from the airport around to the Hyatt Regency. Is this off the main road along the south of the island? Just curious, I might have passed the location.

I have been to Maui once, I drove from the airport around to the Hyatt Regency. Is this off the main road along the south of the island? Just curious, I might have passed the location.
Yes, off the main highway from the airport to the west side along the coast; after the Maalaea harbor and Maui Ocean Center aquarium, but before the tunnel. Everybody drives by, a few people stop at the top and walk down, even fewer rental Jeep’s try to drive down... there was no one else there during my visit at 5:30 on a Friday afternoon.

Had a CEL pop up today. Truck drove just fine, no engine hesitation, etc.

Plugged in my BlueDriver OBD2 code reader when I got home. Listed P0171 "Too lean bank 1."

Asked on a Facebook group about this and was told to inspect the intake hose. Apparently it can cause issues when the intake hose is in this condition.

IMG_4784.jpeg

Had the left rear sway bar link pull through the bracket. I thought it broke.

Took it off, cleaned up the nut, bought a couple new rubber bushings from O'Reilly's, found a couple flat washers in the truck and put it back together.

Oh, and this was in a hotel parking lot because I was at a very muddy job site in TN.

Had a CEL pop up today. Truck drove just fine, no engine hesitation, etc.

Plugged in my BlueDriver OBD2 code reader when I got home. Listed P0171 "Too lean bank 1."

Asked on a Facebook group about this and was told to inspect the intake hose. Apparently it can cause issues when the intake hose is in this condition.

View attachment 3304881
Would have been a lot easier if you just opened the hood to begin with 🤣

Flexy flex

20230414_173443.jpg

Added Dobinsons “stock height”’IMS kit and some 285/75-16s on the Saudi 80

View attachment 3304846

View attachment 3304847

Can you confirm sub-tank operation for me?

I picked up a 97 GCC imported from Dubai, and it appears the sub-tank is not working. Drove about 120-miles with the sub-tank switch on, and the needle didn't budge, but saw the main tank gauge drop. PO says it doesn't work unless the main tank is almost on empty. I think he's feeding me a line of BS, and something is wrong with it, as he mentioned awhile back he was having problems with it and says he got it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom