New head installed - “LPG Specific” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys I recently had a minor engine rebuild done on my 1999 105 series 1fz-fe - so they installed a new head on the engine and because the vehicle is dual fuel petrol/gas they put an ‘LPG specific’ head on it. So the gas system isn’t even operational atm on the vehicle I only use petrol. My question is, what is exactly an LPG specific head because it cost me $3880 just for the head itself. I’m assuming it is built to a stronger spec? And what would the benefits of it be? Longer life duration? The mechanic I got it done through didn’t really explain much they just fixed the vehicle and sent me the invoice. Thanks

Maybe some Aussie friends can chime in. Here in the U.S. a 1FZ-FE is an 80 series motor. Maybe try some keyword searches over in that forum.

Maybe some Aussie friends can chime in. Here in the U.S. a 1FZ-FE is an 80 series motor. Maybe try some keyword searches over in that forum.
Yeah I own a 105 series which is in fact an 80 series with an updated body

Generally speaking, an LPG specific head will have hardened valve seats.

This is the area in the head that can fail under the increased heat, generated by LPG.

Generally speaking, an LPG specific head will have hardened valve seats.

This is the area in the head that can fail under the increased heat, generated by LPG.
Thanks for that binney007 . Does this mean since I’m ditching the gas I shouldn’t have to worry about valve seats for a while? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom