Did Warn sell winch bumpers for the FJ40's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PIP

Threads
Warn sold 3 piece bolt together front bumpers for fullsize pickups starting in the 1960's. These bumpers were designed for the 5687, 8200 and 8274 model winches. Did they make a version of those bumpers for the 40 series?

Warn sold 3 piece bolt together front bumpers for fullsize pickups starting in the 1960's. These bumpers were designed for the 5687, 8200 and 8274 model winches. Did they make a version of those bumpers for the 40 series?

They did! I have that bumper pictured to the middle right.

warn_winch_bumper.jpeg

warn_winch_bumper2.jpeg

I also have this one that came with my divorce cruiser - it is slightly different in that it has a "W" on it but looks otherwise the same - just a straight channel.

warn_winch_bumper3.jpeg

Does anyone make a bumper that is similar to the OEM Warn one? I've seen a couple options, but they have the shackles on them. I like the one posted in the marketing material. Planning to do an 8274 in the future.

That's really simple.

I'm currently building the stamping press tooling to reproduce the 1960's fullsize pickup front bumpers. With some slight changes like thicker material. I've seen similar bumpers on International Scouts that shared a similar curved shape to the pickup bumpers, but were narrower. I was just curious if they made them for the Cruisers as well. If they did I would have liked to find one to reproduce it.

This is an example of the bumper style I am building tooling to reproduce. These were produced to carry the Belleview winches before the 8274 existed.

bumper on early GM.jpg

20230314_165158.jpg

Here is a late 1960's Belleview bumper on a late 70's Scout carrying an 8274
79 scout bumper.jpg

I take it this style was never offered for FJ40's.

Here is a late 1960's Belleview bumper on a late 70's Scout carrying an 8274
View attachment 3301549

I take it this style was never offered for FJ40's.

I aquired a similar one to the above and was told it came off a 40 series. the angle top plates on both sides bolted to the bumper, it had an old Warn 8274 on it, IIRC the date code was 1985 on the winch.

@OPMACHINE makes a fantastic Warn winch bumper

@OPMACHINE makes a fantastic Warn winch bumper

That's a great looking bumper!

I am only interested in filling holes in a market like this and that bumper looks well made and supported.

I am a little surprised OPmachine appears to be forming the end curvature with welded in sections instead of forming that radius into the channel. It looks good, just lots of labor to make it that way.

CCOT offers an in-house bumper for the 8274 that's virtually identical to the Warn bumper, but does indeed have the shackles on it.
IMG_2444.jpg

there are some pics in this old thread of mine

there are some pics in this old thread of mine

Well that's sure interesting. It looks a little strange- Almost like the wings of the bumper were bent back to form a steeper angle than they normally would. It kind of looks like a fullsize pickup bumper that somebody modified to fit a narrower vehicle.

Do you still have this bumper?

Reactions: PIP
I have a warn winch mount that mounted on top of the frame rails you had to remove the tow hooks to mount it to the crusier
not sure if it was fj40 specific or for a Jeep CJ. Fit perfect
I have since cut it up a bit and dropped it down in between the frame rails very similar to post #5 with the rolled lip and the warn sticker. the plate was bent back under the winch to protect the bottom cable and such from junk.

Reactions: PIP
I have a warn winch mount that mounted on top of the frame rails you had to remove the tow hooks to mount it to the crusier
not sure if it was fj40 specific or for a Jeep CJ. Fit perfect
I have since cut it up a bit and dropped it down in between the frame rails very similar to post #5 with the rolled lip and the warn sticker. the plate was bent back under the winch to protect the bottom cable and such from junk.

I'd like to see a picture if you have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom