What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wish they had a hoop for the 2008 front bumper

Agreed, I even inquired for a buddy if they’d consider doing one for the earlier 200’s and they said they didn’t plan to.

Last edited:
And so it begins...

20230419_104523.jpg

20230419_105042.jpg

20230419_105714.jpg

I have ordered direct from Kaon four times. Each time has been a flawless experience. Shipping rates have been very reasonable. I wouldn't hesitate to order direct from them again.
I too have ordered direct a few times, shipping speed is fantastic, however bulky items have cost a few hundred for shipping. LRA looked like a good fit, but if they are not going to stock then no value.

Installed some rear Tibren bump stops.

Got my Rock Warrior spare mounted up with a 285/70 KO2 (C-Rated) from the set I already have. I have to admit I did a double take on the size difference vs the 275/65/18 Toyos. The other four get mounted Tuesday and in the meantime I'm trying to clean up the center caps.

Picture is post CitriStrip and 0000 steel wool. Not sure whether to try to polish with a cutting compound and a buffer, and clear coat or just prime and paint black, or a matching Toyota 1A1 anthracite before putting on the decals. Some of the pitting is not coming out. Have already committed to black lugs, the chrome Toyota ones rust and look like crap. So I think it will be black.

PXL_20230417_004719586.jpg
PXL_20230420_001945434.jpg
PXL_20230420_002024384.jpg
PXL_20230420_002552693.jpg
PXL_20230420_005600291.jpg

Gave her a proper cleaning inside and out.

rXUvBer.jpg

Another stupid question that falls into the "nobody can answer this but me" category.

I've had my 2010 LX for 1.5 years and never loved it. AHC is great, but I like the look of a static lift, even at the loss of practicality/functionality. I also don't love the color of my LX and I've been put off from day one by the overall aesthetics inside and out. The I have driven the 200 LC and it gives me cruiser vibes, the LX although arguably better, does not.

I have my eye on a clean black 2008 LC (2 years older than mine) with 20k higher miles for something close to what I paid for the LX. LX is probably worth a couple thousand less now though. The LC is out of state so it will be a big chore to bring it home, and of course there's taxes and registration, so I'll be paying probably at least a few thousand to get an older, higher mileage rig. I also don't know what baselining might be required, but it appears to be well maintained on first blush.

Am I dumb to throw money at this? Vital info: I am an inherently cheap bastard.

Last edited:
Another stupid question that falls into the "nobody can answer this but me" category.

I've had my 2010 LX for 1.5 years and never loved it. AHC is great, but I like the look of a static lift, even at the loss of practicality/functionality. I also don't love the color of my LX and I've been put off from day one by the overall aesthetics inside and out. The I have driven the 200 LC and it gives me cruiser vibes, the LX although arguably better, does not.

I have my eye on a clean black 2008 LC (2 years older than mine) with 20k higher miles for something close to what I paid for the LX. LX is probably worth a couple thousand less now though. The LC is out of state so it will be a big chore to bring it home, and of course there's taxes and registration, so I'll be paying probably at least a few thousand to get an older, higher mileage rig. I also don't know what baselining might be required, but it appears to be well maintained on first blush.

Do what you need to do to be satisfied. But if it were me, id just build the LX into whatever you need. If its sorted and you’ve looked after it of course. No reason to play the lottery when you know what you’ve got is good.

For that year, a bumper, static lift and a rebadge in the rear and none would be the wiser. Swap the headlights and sell yours if you really must, aren’t they drop in?

You can get all the money back parting ahc if its not rusted to hell too.

I know what you mean too, i have about a 2” lift and on 33s and what I really want is 3” lift on 35s. Thats the look I want but its all slippery slope getting there with AHC and gearing etc.

I get it, we had a 2019 LX570 that we bought new, the styling and looks just never vibed with us. We didn't hate it but it just didn't mesh with who we are so we traded it in on for the Land Cruiser. Not a single regret, the Cruiser is what we like and its more subdued, sporty looks vibe with our personalities and preferences better. Do what makes you happy.

Now offering a rust proofing package for those who do not need dry ice cleaning done.

Only $995. This includes rust treatment and rust barrier paint.

Located at Ed Martin Toyota in Noblesville .

Please contact me or the service department to schedule an appointment.

Picture below is a 2019 Land Cruiser that was finished up today.

View attachment 3303278
What is dry ice cleaning?

I went down to my buddies over at Total Chaos and pick up a full 3.0 bypass setup. The front end is the tundra stock replacement arms. I’m going to be developing an endlink for them to allow ppl to easily bolt up the tundra arms to the kdss sway bar. The build starts in a few weeks.
E673C0D6-1FAE-43FD-9960-BD094EC63AC3.jpeg
D4338FC7-01BD-4CA3-907D-5049352D5E7A.jpeg

4F665E54-E370-4D88-A787-F92D221FF8EA.jpeg

I went down to my buddies over at Total Chaos and pick up a full 3.0 bypass setup. The front end is the tundra stock replacement arms. I’m going to be developing an endlink for them to allow ppl to easily bolt up the tundra arms to the kdss sway bar. The build starts in a few weeks.
View attachment 3303975View attachment 3303976

View attachment 3303977
View attachment 3303975View attachment 3303976

View attachment 3303977
I am aroused…….excited for a build thread…..
I am aroused…..excited for a build thread…..

Wow, @drkdss, tough act to follow.

I'm over here eating paste and shoving crayons up my nose, but I did get my dashcam installed and hardwired. And installed PretendPOWAH! Just kidding, that 60 Series emblem isn't actually mounted and staying on the truck.

PXL_20230421_231544368.jpg
PXL_20230421_230733461.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom