Dome Fuse Good, Radio and Clock Working Intermittently, Dome Lights Work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fzj80 1997

SILVER Star
Threads
Most threads out there have the fix being the dome fuse. My truck has a good 10 amp dome fuse, working dome lights but the clock and radio have been cutting in and out. They have been off for the past few days now. I assume this has something to do with the wiring for the clock and radio. Can anyone give me some guidance on how the wires for the radio and clock are routed?

Those both have switched and constant power sources. Constant for the memory and switched for actual use. Dome handles the constant power and sounds like it's fine, so I would be chasing the switched power

One way to check if the issue is constant or switched power...if the clock starts working with the correct time displayed and/or the radio starts working with previously saved memory buttons like stations or time too would indicate the constant power is good, and the switched power is suspect.

I forgot to check if the ciggarette lighter worked. It didn’t. I replaced the cig fuse in the kick panel and now everything works again.
All of this information is available to you in the Toyota EWD and FSM that you can download from the resourses section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom