OEM parts - to save for a rainy day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mr. Lawrence

SILVER Star
Threads
Was discussing with a fellow old timer how dumb we were not to stock up on Oil Filters, and buy an extra Vapor Cannister, OEM windshield etc. when they were still available. (We both drive near stock 1994’s).
What do the sages, gurus and pundits out there think on which OEM parts a smart 80 series guy with a medium sized storage bin should stash away now?
A few we were thinking of are:
-Radiator 16400-66040
-Phh hose 87209-60381
-Seat foam cushions 71512-60110
-Seat belt assembly 73220-60062-BO
-Spark plug wires 90919-21557

Of course there are many more but trying to narrow it down to most likely to be unobtainable in the next 2-3 years.
Lets hear some thoughts. Thanks.
Mr. L
IMG_5473.jpeg

Maybe 87245-60420 given that it's sourced from Japan for those that did a rear heater delete. I bought two as they may discontinue.

I'm not sure i would prioritize parts that are available in the aftermarket sector. Suspension bushings, body mount cushions, brake hoses etc are where i would start.

Definitely obd2 harness. Not applicable to your 94, but worth inputting into the discussion

I squirreled away a sunroof for the gasket as a leaking roof would absolutely suck.

If I wasn’t running a new one already on my ‘97, engine wire harness, MAF, short block, power steering box plus pitman, etc.

Bummed I didn’t pick up a reman tranny a few years ago. Would’ve been awesome to match with my new all T long block which is still miraculously doable.

Aside from tires, shocks, springs and wheels, aftermarket parts can eat a d.

If you can find a used one, find another VAFM 22250-66010.

I’m not confident the parts you listed will be in jeopardy anytime soon with the exception of the seat cushions and seatbelts maybe? But who cares at that point? We don’t even have airbags. :flipoff2:

I saved the parts removed when 'paying homage'.
PAIR assy, including the air-box component. Figure it will resale nicely, or I may have to revert some day.
Interior parts, sun visors
Side mirrors that work
Spare doors if you have the room to store them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom