What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found my HVAC door to have the commonly broken arm. Seemed like it was struggling to defrost and couldn’t tell if it was me or the truck as I’ve only had it a couple months. Turns out it was the truck. This forum has so many things to learn and helpful people to learn from.

View attachment 3300366

Found this fix here in a few other threads and couldn’t be more thankful! This place is awesome.

View attachment 3300368

Thanks Nate! (Don’t know your handle here sorry)
Also thanks to BH3D for the cup holder!!

View attachment 3300370
Does that just pin the hvac door open? Where did you buy it?

Does that just pin the hvac door open? Where did you buy it?
The factory design is kind of silly and very weak so it basically reinforces the actuator arm so this wont happen again. It doesn’t pin it open, rather it uses that inside piece (the big orange piece you see in the photo) to lock into the whole assembly rather than just a little piece of it.

Here’s the link to the YouTube video, it will probably do a lot better explaining than I am.

And here is the Etsy page I bought it from

Hope that helps if you’re having the same problems!

The factory design is kind of silly and very weak so it basically reinforces the actuator arm so this wont happen again. It doesn’t pin it open, rather it uses that inside piece (the big orange piece you see in the photo) to lock into the whole assembly rather than just a little piece of it.

Here’s the link to the YouTube video, it will probably do a lot better explaining than I am.

And here is the Etsy page I bought it from

Hope that helps if you’re having the same problems!

THIS is really a great fix.
Gotta start a new thread and FAQ this.

The factory design is kind of silly and very weak

It's my understanding that the design works fine until an uninformed someone tries to force the door open to change the cabin air filter.

Did my 2000~ mile round trip to clear water beach FL with family. Love the ride and family memories with the rig.
I had a hairline radiator crack which was not leaking much, did JB weld before trip and was good for a week may be. I the trip it developed another crack at a different place. Overall lost less than half quart with that leak on trip. I am still think if I should replace the radiator now or just ride with it.

My family loves the comfort of the ride on long drives, I keep driving and they enjoy fighting and watching movies in the backrow. Once in a while they want to update the waze alerts on my GROM Vline2 carplay. My only wish there is adaptive cruise control.

IMG_7941 copy.jpg

Nice!. Whats the model spec for the airstream? I have lexus and what to see what trailers are safe for towing.
Mine's a 23 foot corner bed international. According to Airstream, dry weight is 4700 lbs with a GVWR of 6000 and a hitch weight of 780 lbs. I've moved the batteries off the front and put a lighter lithium battery closer to the front axle but when loaded, I estimate the tongue weight is still probably around 700-800 lbs. I towed this just fine with my GX470 but the LX is so much better in every way, especially when it comes to handling that weight. I don't have weights of the trailer on its own or of my LX without the trailer but with dog, two kids, and wife in the car with our camping stuff (we don't take a lot beyond clothes and food), my combined weight was 12,400 lbs on the port of entry scales.

Did my 2000~ mile round trip to clear water beach FL with family. Love the ride and family memories with the rig.
I had a hairline radiator crack which was not leaking much, did JB weld before trip and was good for a week may be. I the trip it developed another crack at a different place. Overall lost less than half quart with that leak on trip. I am still think if I should replace the radiator now or just ride with it.

My family loves the comfort of the ride on long drives, I keep driving and they enjoy fighting and watching movies in the backrow. Once in a while they want to update the waze alerts on my GROM Vline2 carplay. My only wish there is adaptive cruise control.

View attachment 3300721
13.4 MPG. What a flex lol

View attachment 3300721
If the plastic has started popping under pressure multiple places it’s time. I had a patch last a couple years, but then it started to leak a new place every time I fixed it.

It's my understanding that the design works fine until an uninformed someone tries to force the door open to change the cabin air filter.
That is probably very true as Toyota is usually pretty darn good at engineering things to work. But I have to say that I did try to open the door semi forcefully with the new piece in place and it didn’t budge a bit. I would consider it almost idiot proof now! 👍🏻

13.4 MPG. What a flex lol
haha. That is not actual representation of higway mpg. Took the pic to capture the odometer milestone, this mpg you see is when I was driving within clear water beach traffic jams and parking lots trying to find parking.
On the highway, I95 I got best tank full to empty mpg of 17.8 using costco gas and worst with highway cruising with exxon 15 mpg. (Average cruise at 70-80 mph).

If the plastic has started popping under pressure multiple places it’s time. I had a patch last a couple years, but then it started to leak a new place every time I fixed it.
Thanks, yeah. thats the next thing on my list.

Which bumper will you be hanging?
I am going with the trail taylor hidden winch mount. It seems to be going on just fine.

It is very sturdy.

I was thinking bumper but decided this route as I really do not wheel very hard.

My biggest problem is mud and slick muddy hills in North Wisconsin.

I visited @MTKID again in my way back though Montana.

View attachment 3299430

View attachment 3299432View attachment 3299433View attachment 3299434View attachment 3299431

I definitely see a path to 37s up front. Pinch weld and BMC and bump stops. Rear is a little more complicated with the Dissent. I’d need to slide it back or more likely section it.

But 4.88s first. Must stay focused

👉😵‍💫👈
37s look very appealing...
No body lift huh? What about those of us with stock rear bumpers, would they need to be trimmed?

No body lift huh? What about those of us with stock rear bumpers, would they need to be trimmed?

yes - both the plastic and the metal beneath it. Not as much as up front but a good 2” or so at places.

yes - both the plastic and the metal beneath it. Not as much as up front but a good 2” or so at places.

What @nwfl4runner said especially if you want to keep all your up travel.

I am not super committed to running them yet but when @MTKID offered a test fit I couldn’t say no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom