3 spd t-case out put shaft twisted off . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
had some carnage today ,twisted off my t-case out putshaft . is this common i have never heard of anybody mentioning this happening before,i was wondering why this would twist off instead of my case splitting apart .i new it was a weak link (the whole early case) .but. :crybaby: also does anybody have a spare shaft . or should i just pull the case apart and ugrade to the later fine spline shaft .which i have 2 of on the shelf .i'd rather not pull it apart right now want a quick fix to get her back on the road .
IMG_2264 (Small).JPG
IMG_2265 (Small).JPG
IMG_2269 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Damn, that's cool!

If you got to pick a shaft to twist off, that would be the one. Just put a new one in and you're done.

What were you doing when that happened?

actually wasn't doing much exciting . i was pulling out another rig in soft gravel .
but i guess with lockers and 38's aired down digging some big holes .it really started to dig in .stopped pulling for a min.to asses the sitiation, got in and put it in reverse .put a bit of gas not much and heard a pop .,thought it popped out of gear .but i guess it didn't .:doh:
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

the rig had made it across before getting stuck but when coming back got stuck on that big rock in the pic above ,we had to drag that rock out first then it came right out .meanwhile my day was over .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom