Events/Trails APRIL Run of the Month - Saturday, April 15, 2023 - Bradberry Cabin loop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

98% chance I’m in. Just put new shoes on her yesterday, at Performance Muffler as I type getting a new fart can, and P0401 stayed away long enough to pass emission today! *Might* even give her a bath…

alternate routes

1681337511268.jpeg

1681337590379.jpeg

Wont that route hit the Country party?

@Abigail , do you have a number of campers and location for camping?

with 24 attending, we need two groups of 12. Possibly let most of the campers go second since they can hang longer. Let me know if you want me to lead the second group
I don't have a firm number of campers but have several options in mind, depending on how many actually show up and and actually camping. I did plan to split the run even if less than 24 show up, if you're willing to lead the second group that would be great!

Should be at least 25 - I didn't make it onto Abigail's list but am planning to camp Friday night and meet Y'all at the loop turnoff Saturday morning and camp Saturday night. Sunday it's off to Cruise Moab :bounce::bounce2:

Added to the list! Sorry, I had overlooked your note on attendance.

Last edited:
Country thunder location is north of Florence

View attachment 3296977

By the way - if anyone was planning on driving through Florence to get to Oracle - DON'T!!!!

My wife reminded me that its Country Thunder weekend in Florence - you have been warned!!!!

635942545370897284-phxdc5-5onazr4ytb91k1kwx3fu-original.jpg

Might think about driving through Superior and meeting at the Circle K in Mammoth then driving down River Road to San Pedro, Redington, & Cascabel roads. Light traffic on US 60 once you get past Florence Junction. Or drive through Mammoth on the way down south to the Oracle Circle K.

I'm gassing up at the Mammoth Circle K (if they haven't run out of gas) Friday afternoon and camping at the Cabin Loop Road turnoff. Meet y'all at the turnoff Saturday morning.

Thanks for the reminder and alternate route suggestions!

REMINDERS
  • If you haven't obtained your State Land Trust Permit yet, make sure you do so! This is required. https://asld.secure.force.com/recreationalpermit/
  • If you are NOT going to make it please post up so we are not looking for you on Saturday! I'm crossing names off the list as they drop.
  • We will be splitting this run into two groups due to size (unless we have 50%+ drop out).
  • Remember to bring your lunch!
  • Don't go through Florence unless you want to stop at Country Thunder!
  • Some Tucson folks are traveling and planning to meet right at the trailhead, if you need the GPS coordinates for start send me a PM.
  • Everyone else meet at Oracle gas station at 9:30AM
Hoping the flowers are blooming and looking forward to seeing you all!

• Some Tucson folks are traveling and planning to meet right at the trailhead, if you need the GPS coordinates for start send me a PM.
For those on the east side of Tucson, Mark and I are planning on meeting at the Circle K on Tanque Verde and departing there at 9am. 11271 E Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson, AZ 85749. It is approximately 30 miles over Redington Pass to Cascabel Rd. I'm optimistic that we will be able to average 20mph and make the 2nd meet-up spot by 10:30.

!!!!IMPORTANT!!!! Each vehicle needs to have your updated State Land Trust Permit for this run as we do cross Trust Land!! It's $15 for a year permit and it's something you should have anyway, you can get it here, it's a 2 min process https://asld.secure.force.com/recreationalpermit/

Mark your calendars for the April 2023 Run of the Month! This run will take place northeast of Tucson, see below for more details! Thanks to @Stepmurr for sharing his vast knowledge of this area.

When: Saturday, April 15, 2023

MEETUP DETAILS: 9:30 AM at Oracle, AZ Circle K gas station
2000 W American Ave, Oracle, AZ 85623 2000 W American Ave · 2000 W American Ave, Oracle, AZ 85623 - https://goo.gl/maps/cvYXuWds2ivoNmWy9
After gassing up meet in the adjacent dirt lot. We will plan to pull out of the gas station by 9:45 AM sharp!

The meetup spot is about a 2-hour drive from the Phoenix Valley, so plan accordingly.

About the run:

This is one of the most scenic routes I've run if you are a fan of Sonoran desert flora: thick "forests" of saguaros, cholla, ocotillo, and more. The hope is that we will hit this area at a prime time for spring desert blooms! The trail is a loop and we will plan to make it to Bradberry Cabin and stop there for lunch (plan to bring your own) before continuing on to finish the loop.

The trail should be stoker friendly HOWEVER I would recommend at minimum rock rails/sliders, especially if you are not an "experienced" off-road driver.

This will be organized as a day trip and we will finish up with plenty of time to book it back to the Valley or Tucson, but I myself will plan to be camping Saturday night at a location TBD and invite anyone else keen on the idea to join me! (Possibly camping near Chimney Rock area)

We will be using HAM for trail communications and it is highly recommended that even if you are unlicensed that you carry a handheld HAM radio for listening purposes.

If you plan to attend please chime in below!

Attendees:

1. Abigail (camping)
2. @TheGrrrrr
3. @AZdan
4. @DesmoPilot (camping)
5. @Hank Tank
6. @cruzer971 (maybe)
7. @Nphosek + guest
8. @Saddletramp (camping)
9. Saddletramp's friend Jim (camping)
10. @Otter (camping)
11. @jgoldstein
12. Mysterious new potential member
13. @brian az (camping)
14. @muttsinapig
15. @Mattman (maybe)
16. @jkl72-40 (maybe)
17. @GeoRoss camping and maybe trail
18. @mtn biker (maybe)
19. @Fishbone60
20. @dre
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Abigail, post: 14848742, member: 118672"]
nmaster
+ friend (camping)
21. Potential new member @Jcuzzi (camping)
22. @Audiandvw (camping)
23. @Schoolboy (maybe camping)
24. Otter's Jeep friend (maybe)
25. @Stepmurr (camping)
26. @AZAA
27. @oilbrnr
I will be camping and + a friend H2 Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom