60s on Film (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Coming across this thread jogged my memory.

There is a counter-terrorism thriller called Traitor from the late 2000s that features a 60 in the opening scenes. Appears to be a euro-spec based on the mirrors and gold ‘G’ emblem on the rear part of the fender by the door. Potentially a diesel? Doesn’t have fender vents like all gassers do.

Can someone correct me? My understanding is only gas 60’s have fender vents.
Do all gas vehicles have vents, or can a vehicle without vents still be gas-powered?

View attachment 3052859View attachment 3052860View attachment 3052861
My 81 bj60 from Canada has fender vents. I hear that is rare though, maybe it was only for 81.

My 81 bj60 from Canada has fender vents. I hear that is rare though, maybe it was only for 81.
That’s amazing! I like the look of the fender vents.

Typically only gasoline engines have the fender vents for apparently a Carburetor fan. Diesels are of course injected so they don’t have them. For some reason my 3FE has them and the fan even works. It blows right into the throttle body area and doesn’t do anything.

The car chase is ironic because the Toyota diesels are the last vehicle you would want to drive in a event with any kind of urgency.

That’s so cool. I would check the vin numbers on the engine and body to see if they are the same.

Well there you have it—theory debunked in one reply :p

My ‘84 bj60 is from Canada and did not come with vents.
I now think it’s probably a regional & year-to-year change.

(Mud won't let the eddress post.) Sorry.

"https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=ytaGvsd-kgo"

From Terminal List. Apologies if its been previously posted.

Kinda validated that they used the same wheels, rack, and rear facing rack light placement I used on my HJ.

I keep seeing new trailers for Netflix's Beast movie, which doesn't seem all that great except that each trailer shows a sneak peak of a pretty cool looking 60 series

I keep seeing new trailers for Netflix's Beast movie, which doesn't seem all that great except that each trailer shows a sneak peak of a pretty cool looking 60 series
The 60 series rugged and handsome look is sought after by film directors….. consider this a complement. It’s only going to make them more desirable.

S1E10 of Bosch: Legacy, which is the follow-on series to the original AMZN Prime show "Bosch"

Spotted a bastardized 60/62 Ute in a flashback scene during the final Ep of the first season.

1660836414972.png

The original Bosch always seemed to have some really sweet Pickups and 1st Gen Tacos in the background. Never part of the story, but way too frequent to be accidental, IMO.

Also, in Bosch Legacy, one of the police officers has a 1995.5-97 Taco for a personal vehicle.

There is a new movie on Netflix, "Chupa", and there are a few Land Cruisers in it. It was more of a kids movie (and not that great lol), but there were some scenes with FJ62's and an FJ40. The FJ62 gets a lot of screen time. There was also an Xtra cab pick up too.

Great thread. The two I’ve watched and have already been mentioned are Longmire and The Old Man. Great series and cool that they used a 60 in both. I measure the quality of a film/story by how it impacts me. The Old Man was awesome and can’t wait to see a sequel (if it happens) but Longmire is my favorite so far. Now when I hit a crossroads (can be just about anything) and have to make a tough decision, my first thought is “what would Walt do”.

We were watching Chuba on Netflix last night spotted several. The chase scene in the beginning is in a 62, and he trades out later for a 40.

Great thread. The two I’ve watched and have already been mentioned are Longmire and The Old Man. Great series and cool that they used a 60 in both. I measure the quality of a film/story by how it impacts me. The Old Man was awesome and can’t wait to see a sequel (if it happens) but Longmire is my favorite so far. Now when I hit a crossroads (can be just about anything) and have to make a tough decision, my first thought is “what would Walt do”.
Next time you're in the neighborhood I'll take you up for a visit to Walt's cabin. Although not captured in a movie or on TV, Land Cruisers have been spotted in the area on occasion.

Longmire Cabin.jpeg

Caldera FJ40.jpeg

Caldera FJ60.jpeg

I was watching "The Last Thing He Told Me" on Apple TV+ and in one episode (I believe episode 2) there is a 60 in the background in one scene. It is a flashback scene where Jennifer Garner's character and her (now disappeared) husband are drinking wine outdoors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom