Loss of power and shut off while driving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up the car and put probably around 100 miles. No issues. I can see the new sensor through the passenger wheel well. It probably took 15 minutes to replace.
This was 260 for the sensor and almost 600 of labor LOL. And that's why normally never go to dealer or any shops - but I would have never figured this one out and don't have time to.

I'm glad they were able to figure this so quickly and get this back on the road.

Sensor (89448-34020) looks more like a pressure switch (tells you if pressure is below certain level). How that part got shorted is beyond me. Tech wasn't there to ask what he thinks may have happened.

Picked up the car and put probably around 100 miles. No issues. I can see the new sensor through the passenger wheel well. It probably took 15 minutes to replace.
This was 260 for the sensor and almost 600 of labor LOL. And that's why normally never go to dealer or any shops - but I would have never figured this one out and don't have time to.

I'm glad they were able to figure this so quickly and get this back on the road.

Sensor (89448-34020) looks more like a pressure switch (tells you if pressure is below certain level). How that part got shorted is beyond me. Tech wasn't there to ask what he thinks may have happened.
That amount of labor was probably to pinpoint the issue in the harness. Finding the fuse is easy but digging in to see which circuit was actually shorted is a time consuming process.

I just want to contribute to this thread. My 2014 LC with 160k miles shut off while driving on a local road this week. Thankful it was down the block from my house. I thought might be the battery/alternator, but for me the engine would crank while trying to start but would not start. Felt like the car was out of fuel but had close to a full tank. Immediately thought it was the fuel pump. Towed to dealer, fuel pump ECU needed to be replaced. They tested it by giving power to the fuel pump and bypassing the ECU and it worked properly. Picked up the car yesterday, got front/rear diff and front transfer case fluid replaced while it was there (planned to in the Fall anyway). Car drives well and the throttle seems more responsive than before.

I just want to contribute to this thread. My 2014 LC with 160k miles shut off while driving on a local road this week. Thankful it was down the block from my house. I thought might be the battery/alternator, but for me the engine would crank while trying to start but would not start. Felt like the car was out of fuel but had close to a full tank. Immediately thought it was the fuel pump. Towed to dealer, fuel pump ECU needed to be replaced. They tested it by giving power to the fuel pump and bypassing the ECU and it worked properly. Picked up the car yesterday, got front/rear diff and front transfer case fluid replaced while it was there (planned to in the Fall anyway). Car drives well and the throttle seems more responsive than before.
How much was the cost for fuel pump ecu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom