4th Gen 4Runner Best diesel swap option (A750F) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an '03 4Runner with the 2UZ and wondering what the best option for a potential diesel swap would be down the road? I know the 2UZ 4Runners came with the A750F 5-speed transmission. Being an ASIN-Warner transmission, and with seeing M57, OM617, and 4BT diesels, I was wondering if there were any common transmissions. Turns out from what I've seen, the AW4 from the XJ and the A750F are *generally* the same transmission, but with different platforms and engines in mind. Both DieselPumpUK and Doomsday Diesel sell adapter plates for ASIN transmissions (DPUK->AX-15 which is related to the Toyota R154, and Doomsday Diesel -> AW4). Having watched DPUKs YouTube channel for over a year and being a fan of small + medium displacement diesels (not Cummins), I am leaning towards the OM606 turbo diesel but open to other ideas. M57s being much more available in the USA than the turbo 606 makes me looking at it, but I've seen and read more about the 606. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

1kd-ftv came in same year Prado. Buy half cut and do a swap. Not sure it's worth the effort tho.
More interested in the process than anything else. I'll buy a shell and play with it before I do anything with my daily. I had thought if staying with Toyota for a diesel swap, I just dont know nearly as much about them as i do the 606. Will start doing some reading!

More interested in the process than anything else. I'll buy a shell and play with it before I do anything with my daily. I had thought if staying with Toyota for a diesel swap, I just dont know nearly as much about them as i do the 606. Will start doing some reading!
Where are you located? If in Canada, we get these diesels imported here already. Guessing you're in the US tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom