OJ55 Bandeirante with MB OM364. Please help locate filters/spare parts. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Evening folks...
Absolute newbie here. Where can I find maintainance parts, tips and tricks for my beloved newly aquired Bandi. Thanks.
For starting, trying to get my first oil change. what part and where can I get the filter? All i know is I have the OM364 engine.

1.jpg

let’s see some photos how that’s put into the engine bay!!

mercedes dealer will probably be the best place for rare mercedes parts. they’ll be expensive though.

i have an OM617 so ive done some
mercedes looking. my engine i believe is more common in north america so parts are likely easier for me.

benzworld.org is a pretty good wealth of knowledge. they might be able to help you too

Last edited:
i have an OM617 so be done some
mercedes looking. my engine i believe is more common in north america so parts are likely easier for me.

benzworld.org is a pretty good wealth of knowledge. they might be able to help you too
Actually reaching out to some ebay seller in Agentina who sells and ship parts to the US. I'm gonna buy them in bulk and be done with it. If someone else have the same OM364 like me I can unload them at cost.

I have just received my Bande also, it has a turbocharged OM364. I'd be interested in getting some extra fuel and oil filters as well if you are doing an order. I have some contacts in Brazil and just had him ship me a flywheel/clutch dust cover and an adjustment knob for my seat, but now i'm in need of and searching for a seal for my injection pump that just started leaking. Everything was supposedly rebuilt in the 3 years it took me to get it, but there has been alot of details I've been working through. I'd be happy to collaborate with you regarding anything you find out, and visa versa. Here is a pic of mine.

IMG_3324 2.JPG

I have just received my Bande also, it has a turbocharged OM364. I'd be interested in getting some extra fuel and oil filters as well if you are doing an order. I have some contacts in Brazil and just had him ship me a flywheel/clutch dust cover and an adjustment knob for my seat, but now i'm in need of and searching for a seal for my injection pump that just started leaking. Everything was supposedly rebuilt in the 3 years it took me to get it, but there has been alot of details I've been working through. I'd be happy to collaborate with you regarding anything you find out, and visa versa. Here is a pic of mine.

View attachment 3338014

We should set up a facebook page for ourselves. Will send invites. I love Ih8mud as much as the next guy but it's a bit clunky and we don't get exposed to too many people to pull together resources. Especially OJs.

She's a beau...man. 3 years to get her? Wow talk about perserverences. I might go crazy if I have to wait that long.

Some parts share with FJs, mostly not engine related parts. Just have to do some youtubing in Portugese and dive in. Parts are plentiful and cheap enough through ebay, amazon...etcs.

Last edited:
We should set up a facebook page for ourselves. Will send invites. I love Ih8mud as much as the next guy but it's a bit clunky and we don't get exposed to too many people to pull together resources. Especially OJs.

She's a beau...man. 3 years to get her? Wow talk about perserverences. I might go crazy if I have to wait that long.

Some parts share with FJs, mostly not engine related parts. Just have to do some youtubing in Portugese and dive in. Parts are plentiful and cheap enough through ebay, amazon...etcs.

I agree the IH8Mud is challenging to navigate for sure..

Thanks...yes, I have an FJ40 as well that I restored myself so have comparison in same garage which is convenient for compatibility crossover on certain parts.

The 3 year time frame was start to finish from initial search for the truck to having it my driveway, included a few hick-ups with restoration people, mechanics, and transporting to different parts of Brazil to get everything we wanted done, plus it was right smack in the middle of covid era!

My wife is from Brazil, so she has some contacts there and obviously speaks the language. She was crucial in the process and once we started down that road, we had no choice but to persevere to the end!
Unfortunately, their attention to detail is not a strong suit and we learned alot on who to deal with and what to look for if there is a next time. But its been a dream of mine to get one for over 10 years, so once I get through a few more details that i need to address, I'm hoping we will get alot of enjoyment out of it and look forward to that. It definitely is an attention magnet!

Where did you get yours?

Thanks...yes, I have an FJ40 as well that I restored myself so have comparison in same garage which is convenient for compatibility crossover on certain parts.

The 3 year time frame was start to finish from initial search for the truck to having it my driveway, included a few hick-ups with restoration people, mechanics, and transporting to different parts of Brazil to get everything we wanted done, plus it was right smack in the middle of covid era!

My wife is from Brazil, so she has some contacts there and obviously speaks the language. She was crucial in the process and once we started down that road, we had no choice but to persevere to the end!
Unfortunately, their attention to detail is not a strong suit and we learned alot on who to deal with and what to look for if there is a next time. But its been a dream of mine to get one for over 10 years, so once I get through a few more details that i need to address, I'm hoping we will get alot of enjoyment out of it and look forward to that. It definitely is an attention magnet!

Where did you get yours?

I lucked out with a local sale. Was just browsing on facebook looking for junks to buy one day and she popped into view. Now that's not to say I didn't want one ever since I saw one while looking for our 97 LR Defender. I thought it was a total scam at first because the owner posted it all over the places and even call it "Jeep." I sat agonizing on my butt for two weeks to see if I should pull the trigger but eventually I couldn't get her off my mind. She was in my driveway 1 week after because I need time to verify all the importation documents and tittling. Good thing the seller was very forth coming and have all the paperworks (including service records)

Body has half-assed bondo jobs all over. Frame has a few fixes but overall she's a pretty decent truck for 30 something years. The OM364 is a real screamer, which I love. Was stressed out a bit with parts availability but I'm start getting a hang of it. Nothing that I couldn't handle.

Where did you get yours?
Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience restoring your truck in Brazil. By any chance did you restore your truck with Andre in Northeast Brazil? If yes, It sounds like you and I have had similar experiences with him. I have mentioned him because I remember seeing a truck exactly like yours in his shop while he was restoring mine and he said that it was from a customer in Brazil. In the end, I had to take to another shop to get things done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom