What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Parked my restored 80 in my new shop for the holiday weekend. I haven't posted anything in months as this building has consumed me for over a year. I will display all off my LC in this building in the near future. Been a while since I could bring her in but the shop is nearing completion.

View attachment 3294280

The fender emblem is not even close to being in the correct location.

The rear door fender flares have running board extensions. Those should not be there without running boards installed.

"Restoration" implies that the current depiction represents the original state of the object in question.

Not applicable in this case.

Last edited:

The rear door fender flares have running board extensions. Those should not be there without running boards installed.

"Restoration" implies that the current depiction represents the original state of the object in question.

I was thinking resto-mod

Parked my restored 80 in my new shop for the holiday weekend. I haven't posted anything in months as this building has consumed me for over a year. I will display all off my LC in this building in the near future. Been a while since I could bring her in but the shop is nearing completion.
Congrats on the shop - looks awesome. And the truck looks great. I've always liked the fender flare extensions on door bottoms. In this context I believe the look compliments the front mudflaps.

Last edited:
Replaced exhaust hanger bracket that’s been metal zip tied up for a while. Found the other one is separated also so ordered up another one.

45CE4C0B-65EC-464B-8559-0B3B093BE230.jpeg

FEA294AD-0A4E-4B17-81C8-4F02D0F81C4B.jpeg

Indeed good points Dan. Your opinion is respected.

1.) Emblem was installed prior to my ownership 20 years ago after a repaint.

2.) Fender flare extensions are an on-going contemplation of mine. They may come off.

3.) "Restoration" means something to me as well as I spent a year of blood, sweat and money bringing it back to this level mostly on my own. It's not as nice as the one Mr. Miller pays you to dust every day for him but its not bad from where I started.

Must be lonely in that big building...

RKTINC.

Mentioned earlier that I was in the final steps of finishing up the wiring for the dual battery. Previously I had the positive and negative wires ran as well as re-routed my wiring for the winch to the 2nd battery.

This is the picture I used and studied for awhile so I knew I wouldn't screw something up, photo credit to @NLXTACY

IMG_1361.JPG

Passenger battery. I am using a Optima SC34DM.

passenger battery.jpg

Drivers battery, I am using a Optima SC35 as the primary.

Drivers battery.jpg

Blue Sea switch, with a 150 AMP breaker for future power to the rear and a 2 AMP fuse under the breaker for the internal switch.

Blue Sea .jpg

The interior switch, I ran the wires through a grommet on the passenger side and ran the wires under the glove box and loosely zip tied them in place. Then ran them between the lower dash and center console and fished it out using a hanger. Ran a ground for the switch to a common ground on the "A" pillar.

switch.jpg

2.) Fender flare extensions are an on-going contemplation of mine. They may come off.

3.) "Restoration" means something to me as well as I spent a year of blood, sweat and money bringing it back to this level mostly on my own. It's not as nice as the one Mr. Miller pays you to dust every day for him but its not bad from where I started.

RKTINC.

Well said.

I focus a lot on "correct" in my position. I respond daily to questions about how vehicles should present. Sometimes I say it without being asked.

I need to work on that.

Finally put in the replacement oem shifter knob! Like anything I do, took a little longer than expected, but not a bad job. Also replaced the shifter position indicator bulb between the seats while I was in there.

Shift lever cover replacement:

Shifter bulb replacement:

20230409_125301.jpg
20230409_151509.jpg

Last edited:
Mentioned earlier that I was in the final steps of finishing up the wiring for the dual battery. Previously I had the positive and negative wires ran as well as re-routed my wiring for the winch to the 2nd battery.

This is the picture I used and studied for awhile so I knew I wouldn't screw something up, photo credit to @NLXTACY

View attachment 3294705

View attachment 3294706

View attachment 3294707

Blue Sea switch, with a 150 AMP breaker for future power to the rear and a 2 AMP fuse under the breaker for the internal switch.

View attachment 3294708

The interior switch, I ran the wires through a grommet on the passenger side and ran the wires under the glove box and loosely zip tied them in place. Then ran them between the lower dash and center console and fished it out using a hanger. Ran a ground for the switch to a common ground on the "A" pillar.

View attachment 3294710
You've been busy and looking good!

One comment on the winch wiring, mine came with the IBS system from the PO, and when I was doing some research when cleaning up my battery terminal blocks, IBS specifically says to wire the winch to the primary battery. I'm guessing that for a high draw item like a winch, that they want the power to go through as few switches or relays possible. Just a thought for you...

You've been busy and looking good!

One comment on the winch wiring, mine came with the IBS system from the PO, and when I was doing some research when cleaning up my battery terminal blocks, IBS specifically says to wire the winch to the primary battery. I'm guessing that for a high draw item like a winch, that they want the power to go through as few switches or relays possible. Just a thought for you...
There are really no switches for the winch per say, just the Blue Sea that combines both batteries based off voltage. But I could be wrong and will do my research as well. Thank you for the information.

Still a hours worth of work with the special tool, lower spring seats were a pain also. But copious brake cleaner and 130 psi set them free!

Off to the hot bubble bath tomorrow

ED01F70C-7091-4CE2-99C6-C5D2E0FF6D38.jpeg

B740DF0D-B463-4914-AA0B-2672F070957D.jpeg

RKTINC.

Damn. Someone is salty

View attachment 3294705

View attachment 3294706

View attachment 3294707

View attachment 3294708

View attachment 3294710
Looking good, I’m also installing a dual setup in my cruiser. Question, Where did you install the ground cable for the passenger side battery? Thanks

Well said.

I focus a lot on "correct" in my position. I respond daily to questions about how vehicles should present. Sometimes I say it without being asked.

I need to work on that.
All good. I am the same way That decal placement bugs the crap out of me too. It was wrecked in 1999. Pre-internet repair so it was a wild guess where that decal went to a local small town body shop man. The paint is nearly flawless and has held up well thank goodness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom