What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any idea why the wiring harness for Depo front blinkers for a 62 don’t match up with the body side harness? Ended up just using the old bulb assembly in the new housings. Anyways this is what I did today.
I took off Depo lenses and swapped them to refurbished old oem bodies. On my Depo the bulb sockets did not lock properly when turning. Not really good quality but lenses look right.

This past weekend I cleaned up my set of newly acquired fj60 wheels and installed them on the truck for the first time. Thanks to @jas89 for selling them to me. I had been hunting for a set for a while.

A little Simple Green, 0000 steel wool, and some elbow greased shined them up beautifully.

567.jpg

464.jpg

345.jpg

This past weekend I cleaned up my set of newly acquired fj60 wheels and installed them on the truck for the first time. Thanks to @jas89 for selling them to me. I had been hunting for a set for a while.

A little Simple Green, 0000 steel wool, and some elbow greased shined them up beautifully.

Beautiful truck! If your interior is grey/blue I have an set of rear headrests if you had any interest to add them.

I sent you a PM as I am just up the road from you in Frankfort.

Got my hands a FJ 62 rear seat back. Disassembled and cleaned up the rust, nowView attachment 3293818 just need to take mine out and switch seat fabrics. Will be nice to have headrests for kids in the backseat.
I need to do this at some point. It’s impossible to find a 62 seat back though.

This bolts right in the same way a 60 seat back does?

From all my searches on this forum it’s supposedly an easy swap out. I found this one on eBay, probably over paid but with kids it’s a must.

I have a spare grey 62 seatback w/ headrests though imagine shipping from IL to CO would be prohibitive.

View attachment 3293119

View attachment 3293120

View attachment 3293122
Beautiful rig, the wheel/tire combo looks great! I need to clean my factory wheels up a bit too and remove some areas of surface rust, did you use any polish or coating after the simple green? Did the steel wool pads scratch the wheels at all? I’ve read a little aluminum foil works well too and is softer, may start with that and increase to steel wool as needed.

Gorgeous day in Chicago. Spent it with my 62.

Installed @TRAIL TAILOR apron seals as my front halves were missing. Much nicer than OEM (and cheaper).

IMG_7318.jpg

Radiator overflow was missing the output tube and it required a flashlight into the top hole to see level. Not to mention the cap had no gasket. So replaced it, the hose assembly, and radiator cap. Crazy the effort the new cap takes to remove/put on vs old.

IMG_7320.jpg

IMG_7321.jpg

Had some new hood bumpers in the pile as one of mine was just the screw. Got that done.

IMG_7326.jpg

IMG_7331.jpg

Continued...

Decided to take a stab at detailing my engine bay. Some spots cleaned up really well but definitely more work to do on this. I didn't both dressing anything at this point. Pretty happy with the way the painted panels cleaned up. But still look more like a before than after shot.

IMG_7338.jpg

IMG_7336.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

Finished installing the headliner and installed the front carpet. Windshield going in Monday and then I will be able to drive it for the first time in nearly five years. First stop, fill the tank with ethanol free pure gas.

View attachment 3294084View attachment 3294085View attachment 3294086
@adamsfly Your choke knob is crooked………………………just messing with you, it looks incredible. Nice work! I can’t even imagine not being able to drive mine for 5 years! Man the day you drive it is gonna be pretty special I bet. 👍👍 hell of a job

Emerged from hibernation after a long, snowy winter, made bearable only by working on the truck every Saturday.

Among things done: changed all AC parts (now works); replaced side cover gasket; Jim C dissy recurve; fixed some minor lower tailgate rust, zinc plated ton of parts and installed them, OEM alternator rebuilt, adjusted valves and refreshed valve cover, repainted bunch of rusty bits under hood, replaced a ton of clamps and fasteners with OEM; new C-channels and rear cross member (thank you @TRAIL TAILOR ), new OEM rear bumper, replaced U-joints, new power steering pump ( thank you @orangefj45 ), bunch of other stuff.

Work was worth the reward — performed flawlessly and felt so good.

IMG_9637.jpg

69427732086__CD5C451C-31BE-4669-8C86-345AF734976A.JPG

IMG_9516.JPG

IMG_9425 2.JPG

IMG_9588.JPG

IMG_9574.JPG

70145548085__99E55093-8E8A-4BE3-A46A-8E98CD771A77.JPG

IMG_9409 3.jpg

Last edited:
@Dekeman hope you don’t mind me copying you one day: I have an 861 Light Blue Metallic 60 as well, and plan on going with black 40 Series wheels too. Such a good look.

Nice work by the way. That thing is looking clean inside the engine bay, underneath, and from 20’ away. Bravo.

Took truck to smog shop for the Kalifornia smog requirement on a 36 year old truck. Their equipment is "not working" so I have to take it elsewhere. I was told by a local repair shop that many smog check places will not touch these trucks because doing so triggers the state emissions authorities alerts of potential gross polluters. Hoping the next smog shop equipment is "working" and more importantly that the rig passes emissions.

This is fen ridiculous. I don't even drive this truck enough to put out more emissions than a couple cows farting all day. Will report back later. <sigh>

Well I was fortunate enough to purchase an amazing 60 from a fellow memeber here and not only is the cruiser a wonderfully maintained and clean machine, it also came with a plethora of extra new/used parts. Today I installed rear interior panels…not really sure who manufactured them and a new set of 6.5” speakers that also came with the truck. Very pleased with the upgrade.
82ED6C44-CA4E-4C79-A7ED-56BE8EAD3242.jpeg
BAE6B090-D789-4A5B-ABCF-FA0519689E46.jpeg
8A00C103-1216-4559-989D-5DB18139DB14.jpeg
51FD0DA7-3989-4E6A-9DFE-0FE76DDD3391.jpeg

@adamsfly Your choke knob is crooked………………………just messing with you, it looks incredible. Nice work! I can’t even imagine not being able to drive mine for 5 years! Man the day you drive it is gonna be pretty special I bet. 👍👍 hell of a job
Dang! I thought all choke knobs were crooked. Now I'll have to fix that too! Lol. Thanks for the kind words. It's been a long haul getting things back together after recovering it from being stolen and missing for 8 months. Thieves can destroy a vehicle in days so 8 months its like....................... 😬😬😬🤬.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom