Builds 1994 BUILD OUT and LS swap! Let's Go! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was! While I have a ton to still do, it seemed to run smooth, my wiring plan and fuel set up worked, so a lot of positives. I can put a lot of it to bed now, tape up and clean up the wiring harness etc. without getting to far ahead of myself.

I haven’t talked much about it, but my buddy and I (mostly my buddy), we programmed that ECM for free. We didn’t use HP tuners or anything. We used PC hammer, which is all free, just isn’t as user friendly. So it was a big unknown of we did it right, removing the VATS, and other codes and items involved in a swap. Once I get the exhaust made, I’ll have an extra O2 port put in for wide band o2 testing and maybe some more diagnostic tuning while driving.

Congratulations on getting running, I’ll be a happy man when I get mine to that stage of the swap

So, its never smooth right! So, in my other videos I posted, I used a mechanical gauge to verify oil pressure. Last night I went through the troubleshooting steps, looks most likely its the oil pressure gauge. No power at the pressure sender, the light bulb test wouldn't work, and I have no power at the plug. Unfortunately, the gauges are hard to come by. I saw one on cruiser parts.net. Listed as a used or refurbished. I emailed them about them, so well see. I don't feel like taking about the dash right now to get to the cluster, so Im going to put this on the back burner. Ive go bigger projects to worry about first. Since I verified with a mechanical gauge, I know the engine is working properly.

So, its never smooth right! So, in my other videos I posted, I used a mechanical gauge to verify oil pressure. Last night I went through the troubleshooting steps, looks most likely its the oil pressure gauge. No power at the pressure sender, the light bulb test wouldn't work, and I have no power at the plug. Unfortunately, the gauges are hard to come by. I saw one on cruiser parts.net. Listed as a used or refurbished. I emailed them about them, so well see. I don't feel like taking about the dash right now to get to the cluster, so Im going to put this on the back burner. Ive go bigger projects to worry about first. Since I verified with a mechanical gauge, I know the engine is working properly.
There is a wire that can get bent in the gauge. Somewhere on mud there is a writeup for it on how to fix it

There is a wire that can get bent in the gauge. Somewhere on mud there is a writeup for it on how to fix it
I saw that! It’s good walk through. My issue is the no light on the light bulb check. So I think the element is completely broken. I’ll have to open it up to know for sure.

over view of the intake and radiator hoses. Getting closer! Also was able to cut and adjust the toyota throttle cable super easy. Need to wire in the fans, waiting for some weather pack connectors, and Ive been putting it off, but need to get the transmission shift linkage sorted out. Dreading it for some reason.

Been working on the rear brakes, bearings and seals. Did a full refresh. Little spray paint goes a long way.

IMG_4626.jpeg

Was in pretty good shape honestly, hub was full of gear oil, no grease, but the bearings have been changed at least once, since they were USA made. I ordered the re-built kits before I took it all apart so went away and replaced bearings, seals, parking brake pads and parking brake hardware kit. Autozone has an inexpensive parking brake spring and clip kit. It only has 2 springs for the parking brake lever arm, you need 4. So I reused one spring, gave a it a shot of spray paint looks brand new!

Got the rear axles, hubs, bearings, parking brakes all done. Waiting on the tool to torque the axle nut to show from Amazon. It was cheap enough to just get it. Laying out the suspension parts, going to do the rear while it’s opened up. Got new o Reilly rear rotors and brake pads. New OEM Toyota calipers and hoses from McGeorge Toyota.

. It was a pain in the butt. Like most of you tackling this alone in between picking up kids from school and little league games. Getting done what I can. Sitting way high in the rear. But I got these springs since I’m planning a rear bumper now and a drawer system in the future.

That spindle is beyond done.
Trunion bearings should be replaced between 60,000 and 90,000 miles. They take an enormous amount of punishment. Especially the lower ones.

Thanks for info! Will do. I got the complete kit from cruiser parts. Have to get some spindles. Probably get new hub retaining plate as well. Already got new birfs with my kit. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom