Chasing the Elusive 100 Series Rear Wind Deflector (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found the rear spoiler on alibaba.
Scroll right from the fender flares and see the spoiler.
I ordered from that.
It was about $170 dollars delivered.

I found the rear spoiler on alibaba.
Scroll right from the fender flares and see the spoiler.
I ordered from that.
It was about $170 dollars delivered.

20230401_135845.jpg

20230331_151942.jpg

Thanks! I'll check it out. I have a 2006 LC and this looks like an exact replacement. Have to setup an Alibaba account next.

Thanks! I'll check it out. I have a 2006 LC and this looks like an exact replacement. Have to setup an Alibaba account next.
Download the app unless you don't like the daily notifications.
I used PayPal for payment.
The spoiler looks to be good quality. The backside has the mold marks but that won't be seen after install.

Good find, here's a non mobile link for anyone else on desktop.

About a week after installing the Alibaba rear spoiler it's showing a lot of water spots and some fading.
That's common for some black plastic trim anyways. A coat of Meguiars cleaner wax brought it back better than new.
I'll probably wrap it in vinyl later.

Would anyone with one of the OEM parts be willing to lend one for some r&d?

I can probably build these out of steel or aluminum, but would need one on hand to reverse engineer.

Ordered the Alibaba wind deflector today. Ships in approx 2-3 weeks. Total $134 to Texas. Will update after installation and see how it goes.

Ordered the Alibaba wind deflector today. Ships in approx 2-3 weeks. Total $134 to Texas. Will update after installation and see how it goes.
They also have the Flexdream style grille and headlight conversion from a different supplier on Alibaba.
I ordered a sample to check out the quality.

Would anyone with one of the OEM parts be willing to lend one for some r&d?

I can probably build these out of steel or aluminum, but would need one on hand to reverse engineer.
I'm sure I could live without mine for a bit, I can take it off this weekend and we can get shipping figured out

I have my replacement rear wind deflector from Alibaba ready to install, but the old mounting bolts are just spinning, not coming out. The old deflector broke and flew off as some others have stated. How were the mounting bolts installed? Self tapping sheet metal or other? It doesn't appear accessible from the inside of the hatch door. Would I have to remove the rear window trim? Any recommendations appreciated.

Lost mine early this AM in a battle with the garage door … garage door won, but suffered some damage of its own.

Interested the bolt situation. Haven’t tried to mess with taking what’s left of the brackets off yet.

Also, does anyone have an OEM (or whatever wa installed at the port) they’d be willing to part with?

Borrowed this pic from another post to show what I’m looking for.

IMG_1009.jpeg

I have my replacement rear wind deflector from Alibaba ready to install, but the old mounting bolts are just spinning, not coming out. The old deflector broke and flew off as some others have stated. How were the mounting bolts installed? Self tapping sheet metal or other? It doesn't appear accessible from the inside of the hatch door. Would I have to remove the rear window trim? Any recommendations appreciated.
Any pics?

Would anyone know or have a guess who the supplier was to Toyota for these port installed air deflectors?

I’d like to get a set of the mounting brackets. I’m tempted to try and fab some from aluminum but my welding skills aren’t up to par.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom