fj80 RADIUS ARMS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much were the JMACX shipped to your location and any results and impressions you can share after install?

I don’t recall cost, it has been awhile and we get hundreds of parts every month. Only put 50 miles on them so far too and have not done an alignment.

Quality though, I like them!

Cheers

I’m trying to make a decision on which arm to purchase. My goal would be to achieve.net out ~3.5 to 5 degrees of positive caster based my current lift. My 80 series is lifted ~2” and I’m running 33” tires and the caster right now is measured at -.9 (left) and -1.2 (right).

According to Blackhawk if I installed their arms that were designed for a 3” lift I’d net out about 4 degrees positive. My concern is that, the intent of the Blackhawk arms to is to put a 3" lifted 80 series back to approximately factory range of caster which is 3.5 to 3.6 positive camber are there other geometry issues I have to be aware since this arm wasn't specifically created for a 2" lift? Or is the only net effect in my situation is that it gives me more caster and all other geometry and effects should be ok? Any knowledgeable advice here?

I do like the JMACX arms and from my understanding they produce a 2” arm and it would net out caster in the range I’d like however the cost is almost twice as much as the Blackhaws. I’m also aware of the Superior arms in a 2” but I just don’t know about plated steel. And lastly Delta doesn’t have any 2” in stock and it’s an issue dealing with that wait and uncertainty and I think both the Delta and Superior would only put me in the factRoy range anyway and not slightly higher.

I’m trying to make a decision on which arm to purchase. My goal would be to achieve.net out ~3.5 to 5 degrees of positive caster based my current lift. My 80 series is lifted ~2” and I’m running 33” tires and the caster right now is measured at -.9 (left) and -1.2 (right).

According to Blackhawk if I installed their arms that were designed for a 3” lift I’d net out about 4 degrees positive. My concern is that, the intent of the Blackhawk arms to is to put a 3" lifted 80 series back to approximately factory range of caster which is 3.5 to 3.6 positive camber are there other geometry issues I have to be aware since this arm wasn't specifically created for a 2" lift? Or is the only net effect in my situation is that it gives me more caster and all other geometry and effects should be ok? Any knowledgeable advice here?

I do like the JMACX arms and from my understanding they produce a 2” arm and it would net out caster in the range I’d like however the cost is almost twice as much as the Blackhaws. I’m also aware of the Superior arms in a 2” but I just don’t know about plated steel. And lastly Delta doesn’t have any 2” in stock and it’s an issue dealing with that wait and uncertainty and I think both the Delta and Superior would only put me in the factRoy range anyway and not slightly higher.
An arm made for higher lift would rotate and move the front axle forward a small amount, so a slight or negligible effects on parts connected between the front axle and frame.

I got 2" Delta arms for ~2.0" measured front lift. Ordered mid-Feb and took about 3 weeks with shipping. If I ever need more caster would prefer to get it from a trunnion bearing kit.

I have a set of black hawks that are sitting in my living room outside Breckenridge colorado. Bought them durning covid and waited for ever for them to come in. I'm now debating putting them on. I currently run a skinky stage 4 heavy with slee castor plates. Never had issues with them but wanted to finish out the build with slinky. The plates are welded on. My big question is do I grind the plates off and install the black hawks or just replace bushing on OEM and sell said black hawks. Any advice would be great. If I just replace the bushing I'll be selling the black hawks stat as my truck is under the knife today. Joe that used to work at slee won't grind them off but Justin at red line that welded them on will grind and chisel the plates off if I want those installed. Thoughts ? Looks about the same price to remove said plate and add bushing or instalk black hawk arms. Thanks in advance

@Phanderson and @OhmStyles

FYI - the Blackhawk arms move the front axle forward .62”

With full Slinky suspension on 37’s my castor is just over 3 degrees after installing the Blackhawk arms. Others have gotten more camber though.

Ohm…if your castor is good with the Slee plates, I’d be tempted to leave them in if you were saving time and money, but if it’s a wash, I’d install the Blackhawks. If you’re ever planning to run 37’s, moving the axle forward with the Blackhawks helps clear the firewall. Also, compared to OEM, the Blackhawks offer better ground clearance, and stronger arms with less weight.

Last edited:
Def a wash if I put those black hawks on vs new bushing

@Phanderson and @OhmStyles

FYI - the Blackhawk arms move the front axle forward .62”

With full Slinky suspension on 37’s my castor is just over 3 degrees after installing the Blackhawk arms. Others have gotten more camber though.

Ohm…if your castor is good with the Slee plates, I’d be tempted to leave them in if you were saving time and money, but if it’s a wash, I’d install the Blackhawks. If you’re ever planning to run 37’s though, moving the axle forward with the Blackhawks helps clear the firewall. Also, the Blackhawks offer better ground clearance, and stronger arms with less weight.
Thanks for the precise answer regarding “axle forward” distance. By the way the cost of the JMACX radius arms were a few dollars shy of@2K USD with shipping to the USA. It looks like a great product but shipping alone was over $330 USD.

I have a set of black hawks that are sitting in my living room outside Breckenridge colorado. Bought them durning covid and waited for ever for them to come in. I'm now debating putting them on. I currently run a skinky stage 4 heavy with slee castor plates. Never had issues with them but wanted to finish out the build with slinky. The plates are welded on. My big question is do I grind the plates off and install the black hawks or just replace bushing on OEM and sell said black hawks. Any advice would be great. If I just replace the bushing I'll be selling the black hawks stat as my truck is under the knife today. Joe that used to work at slee won't grind them off but Justin at red line that welded them on will grind and chisel the plates off if I want those installed. Thoughts ? Looks about the same price to remove said plate and add bushing or instalk black hawk arms. Thanks in advance
Tough decision OhmS, I was at the same crossroads. I decided to keep and install the BH arms since; they move the axle forward, better Tie rod arm clearance, dont have to buy new bushings or fiddle with pressing out the old ones, BH is more narrow and might flex better. Not to mention its almost impossible to received products from 4XO overland without filling a claim with your credit card company also the fact you have to deal with Narcissistic Darrel

I don't have my alignment data yet, I added the rear Eimkith Panhard Corection Bracket + DIY tape measure alignment + new Tie Rods + sway bar bushings. Its driving so nice on my 2" lift i haven't felt the need for an alignment. I'm planning on going to 2.75 or 3" lift then ill get an alignment. The BH Arms and the rear panhard bracket made a huge difference. Since I have the Eimkieth rear panhard correction bracket I can easily go from 2-3-4-5 inch lift using the same bracket.

Thanks man!! I have the deltavs rear bracket on already with upper adjustable arms from black hawk as well. Looking more and more like I'm keeping the arms and grinding off the castor plates

Thanks man!! I have the deltavs rear bracket on already with upper adjustable arms from black hawk as well. Looking more and more like I'm keeping the arms and grinding off the castor plates
Don't get me wrong, plates are great and everyone runs them, but you already have the arms.

Every bushing on the OEM arms are trashed and would need new. That's almost $500 hundred right there in parts.

Every bushing on the OEM arms are trashed and would need new. That's almost $500 hundred right there in parts.
That was a factor. I’m not expecting a long life span out of the BH rad arm bushings, but I’m hoping the bushings will last a few years of mall crawling

Just texted bh just to see where we get their bushing from. With them you almost need to order them now to get them next year lol

@OhmStyles i would look at how much was cut off the axle bracket to make the plates work, if you cut into the bottom hole for the brackets that will need welded back up as well.
I’ll be in breck next week if you want to work out price for the arms I might take um.

@OhmStyles i would look at how much was cut off the axle bracket to make the plates work, if you cut into the bottom hole for the brackets that will need welded back up as well.
I’ll be in breck next week if you want to work out price for the arms I might take um.
fo
for what its worth I was the guy who started the thread and ended up with arms from superior. I dont have the caster numbers but can say with a 2.5" it drives proper.
the arms are really well made could hold the truck up. they clear slee rods with no clearence problems, bushings dont squeak and were a peferct fit. the only thing that would be better is if they had a way to secure the ABS lines. there is nothing to secure the lines too. for now mine are zip tied. I got lucky went strait through Superior shipping was around $400 I think but with the exchange rate and better price they ended up being around same cost as Delta. big plus for me was they arrived at my door in less then 2 weeks.. I looked at the JMAX and yes they were more expensive but man what a nice product..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom