Rear VENT glass rattle - FIXED! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

James Bentley

SILVER Star
Threads
Rear VENT glass rattles when open

Many thanks to @seanz0rz , @Tahomatom and others who contributed write-up’s and how-to’s
I could not have done this so easily without your help (another great reason to contribute AND join/support this forum)!
Here is a quick video of Drivers and Passenger side.
My buttons screws were mostly snug, but the hinge bolts on the Passenger side are going to need to be tightened up.
I’ll check both sides and tighten accordingly.

Drivers Side

Passenger Side

Last edited:
I have that rattle on the drivers side, I thought it was one of the roll pins that was loose...

Hi @RiverRatMatt once I got the upper interior covers off, those roll pins at the pivot point DO seem to allow a bit of deflection. After tightening the points mentioned in the previous postings, I have greatly reduced rattle/noise. Is it dead silent?, no...but alot better and for me, that's ok. ;) New motor assemblies with hinge/roll pins are over $200 a pop! Post/Reply here if tightening made any difference for you. Curious

@James Bentley Am I missing something? I have the rattles, but I don't see any "previous postings" and the linked videos are empty/dead. Anyone have solutions for the rear vent window rattles?

@willmtaylor the link above to "hinge bolts" is the correct link- two nuts on the inside of the C-pillar need to be tightened.
So reading through that thread, if that's my issue, I need to remove "the third row seat, rear mat set plate, roof headliner rear trim, quarter trim panel and upper roof side inner garnish, as well as both seat belts"?

If so, I may just learn to tolerate the rattle or turn up the music with the vent window is open!

So reading through that thread, if that's my issue, I need to remove "the third row seat, rear mat set plate, roof headliner rear trim, quarter trim panel and upper roof side inner garnish, as well as both seat belts"?

If so, I may just learn to tolerate the rattle or turn up the music with the vent window is open!
You gotta save up reasons to do all this stuff. I was close to doing it when I removed all the cargo trim in order to refoam the subwoofer and dynamat the cargo area. Then I realized my gullwings don't rattle much at all.

It's actually not that much work. And it'll give you a good idea of what all is behind there.

It actually goes pretty quick and i don't think you have to remove any headliner, just the trim along the edges of it. I did this on mine a while back and I think I have pics and a little blurb on it in my build thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom