76 40-Series - Need help with leak source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have any thoughts on why someone would move the igniter assembly to the firewall?

Just for context, this is what I'm starting off with, fellas!

View attachment 3288516
Nice puzzle. I started with something similar and now have a whole bucket of wire that I removed.
They were all done for a reason, so you need to find why.
Trace one at a time and update a copy of your wiring diagram by hand, then it's easier to decide what best course to take; looks in pretty good shape apart from the birds nest so hopefully just a few repairs.
Good luck.

Anyone have any thoughts on why someone would move the igniter assembly to the firewall?

On any other truck, I would guess that someone wanted the real estate on top of the fender for something else, like an air compressor for air lockers as an example - but in your case, it appears that a previous owner was possessed or had severe mental illness.

Interesting seeing a Holley 4 barrel on there. The vacuum fitting on the intake in front of the carb; are those ports soldered closed or anything? Looks like a big vacuum leak if not properly capped or closed off.

All that extra wire is fine. You’ll be glad it’s there when you need to tap into a hot lead later. Just cut one, use a house wire nut and you’re in business!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom