Baja Designs Forum Coordinator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's a good fit for a driving light to be placed into the roughly 10"x4" factory opening in the 80 series Land Cruiser?

bumper.png

What's a good fit for a driving light to be placed into the roughly 10"x4" factory opening in the 80 series Land Cruiser?

View attachment 3250052
You might be able to squeeze two S8 10 inches in that location. The ONX6 we sell might also be an option but I think it might be too large.
Best,
Brandon

I appreciate the suggestion. I’ve got a winch behind the stock bumper as well so these are a little wide. The opening in the vents is only 1 1/4 inches tall so that’s a challenge and there is also a bracket there for the bumper that won’t allow the depth of these lights. Plus the $700-$900 price tag for two lights is a bit steep for my budget. Might have to try a small pod. Just looking for some options of others who may have gone before me.

😁

@Baja Designs I have some ancient Baja Design Sol -Tek Fuegis that I love but I need to replace a lens. Please advise. If you don’t have them does Hella or someone like them make a replacement ?

@Baja Designs I have some ancient Baja Design Sol -Tek Fuegis that I love but I need to replace a lens. Please advise. If you don’t have them does Hella or someone like them make a replacement ?
Hey @girupb, We moved away from the Sol-Tek series quite some time ago and don't have any replacement parts for them. if you are lucky you might find some damaged ones on Ebay that you can refurbish some parts off of. The is no other company that makes replacement parts for these lights that I know of.
Best,
Brandon

It starts with 1 set of Bajas…
43D6E372-3497-47FD-9079-B8122E6ECDCF.jpeg

Then over time, slowly add all the lighting zones! The last lights i need to buy. Love my Bajas!
3C0A20CE-0DCF-4F3D-966B-6251780E5D2B.jpeg
D2B9722F-343D-49DA-B176-BB7D64766143.jpeg

Awesome build, those mirror-mounted S1s are super rad. How are you running all of these lights and do you have any upcoming plans for this build?
Best,
Brandon
Thanks Brandon! Yeah they are all wired to an aux fuseblock behind the start battery and each has its own Toyota switch in the dash. While driving it can become hectic trying to switch each individual light off and on that I’m thinking of pulling the dash switches and moving to a switching system. It’ll clean up the wiring too which is nice ha.

Thanks Brandon! Yeah they are all wired to an aux fuseblock behind the start battery and each has its own Toyota switch in the dash. While driving it can become hectic trying to switch each individual light off and on that I’m thinking of pulling the dash switches and moving to a switching system. It’ll clean up the wiring too which is nice ha.
I definitely get the Hassel. If you haven't already I would recommend looking into the sPod Power Management Systems. They have either a 6 or 8-circuit system that is a solid-state system. This means no additional fuse boxes are needed for this system which cleans up the wiring setup and keeps everything easy to diagnose if something goes wrong. If you have any in-depth questions you want to know about those systems you can send them my way. We also sell them through Baja Designs so I can apply the forum special on an order.
Best,
Brandon

Bring on the darkness! I took the first step today mounting my SAE Squadron fogs. I like Land Cruisers, tire, and lights.
A good fog light is priceless for snow and super useful for rain.
So many run "fog" lights that are NOT DOT compliant, are not street legal, but worst of all blind oncoming traffic.
Would you just LOOK 🧐 at the sharp cutoff here!

Since I knew I had scored spare fog housings, I pulled mine housings ready to tear them apart (cut off the lens and the rear) and put the Squadrons inside - they should just fit. Instead attached the bracket to the bumper. I'll post a picture to the thread when I get some. I'm not sure this is the final look. Using the housing (open front and back for access and airflow) might look better and allow a farther back mount - which may be better or worse. There is also a guy named Ben here MUD with a 3D printed holder. I have e-mailed with him. I may try all three methods. Now, I need the sun to go down!

IMG_1190.jpeg
IMG_1188.jpeg

Bring on the darkness! I took the first step today mounting my SAE Squadron fogs. I like Land Cruisers, tire, and lights.
A good fog light is priceless for snow and super useful for rain.
So many run "fog" lights that are NOT DOT compliant, are not street legal, but worst of all blind oncoming traffic.
Would you just LOOK 🧐 at the sharp cutoff here!

Since I knew I had scored spare fog housings, I pulled mine housings ready to tear them apart (cut off the lens and the rear) and put the Squadrons inside - they should just fit. Instead attached the bracket to the bumper. I'll post a picture to the thread when I get some. I'm not sure this is the final look. Using the housing (open front and back for access and airflow) might look better and allow a farther back mount - which may be better or worse. There is also a guy named Ben here MUD with a 3D printed holder. I have e-mailed with him. I may try all three methods. Now, I need the sun to go down!

View attachment 3388073View attachment 3388074
What a solid upgrade from the factory lights @Inukshuk. Thanks for the reply and for sharing your install process with our new Squadron SAE lights.
Best,
Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom