Greetings from Nicaragua! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,
My name is Bobby and I have been checking the forum as a guest for a while but starting a new project and thought I'd jump in. I have a 1997 HDJ80 which I'm really happy with and the project is "complete" :)
I just picked up a 1991 HDJ80 triple locked that needs some work. Ready to dive in and will be looking to this forum for support as I work both vehicles.
Beige truck is the 1997 and metallic grey is the 1991. Thanks yall!

IMG_6572.jpeg

0b4c8952-e9af-4cdf-becc-df6aaa400016.jpg

Welcome to mud 😎 now get you wallet ready !!
Interesting in North America you couldn’t get triple locked 80 tell 1993.

My ‘97 is not locked but it is VX and has the 1HD and all the other features (double fuel tanks, fridge, etc). It is my DD
This grey 91 will be my second VX triple locked. Wiring is ****ed and there’s a lot of work. Gonna put it on the back burner. Here my other 91 which is front burner. My neighbor sold it to me for cheap about a year ago because he thought he blew a HG. Turned out to be fine - new rad a new timing belt kit and she’s back on the road ! Just put on fresh 35’s

748E5942-2252-4BD7-ADB8-FB8E713DF349.jpeg

Hi Bobby…welcome to MUD !!

FYI - projects are never done. Please buy more parts and repeat.

Good looking truck. Please post some pictures of it on your local trails.

My ‘97 is not locked but it is VX and has the 1HD and all the other features (double fuel tanks, fridge, etc). It is my DD
This grey 91 will be my second VX triple locked. Wiring is f***ed and there’s a lot of work. Gonna put it on the back burner. Here my other 91 which is front burner. My neighbor sold it to me for cheap about a year ago because he thought he blew a HG. Turned out to be fine - new rad a new timing belt kit and she’s back on the road ! Just put on fresh 35’s

View attachment 3287727
What's it like living in Nicaragua? Is it safe? Is there much offroading?

I live near a beach town that is popular for tourists/backpackers and traveling surfers . It’s a beautiful area with great people and fun waves. I drive 75% on dirt roads and need 4x4 to get to my house and to some beaches. 80 series is perfect for my neeeds. I’ve owned 70 series pickup, hilux, 60 series and nothing compares to the 80. So now I’m addicted. I don’t really seek out off roading trails for fun but I know there are a few clubs and people who are super into it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom