What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the power steering pump, last one had a small shaft seal leak that slung a nice black sludge as the oil burned on the belt inside the hood and fender. Also added tweeter speakers, snuck the wire under the knee pads and held in place with two sided tape. The most amazing part is both repairs came out well the first time, weird…

View attachment 3276706

View attachment 3276707
How doyou likethe tweeters while driving? Been considering that addition for a while now. Need a little more sound at the ears!

I made a thing. It works for now. Paint will make it look slightly more acceptable.

View attachment 3287136

View attachment 3287137
That's a good idea. You could probably get by without the bottom tube section and just terminate each side at the saddle, saving the clearance.
I would put in some short tubes/bushings in the mount holes if you haven't already.

That's a good idea. You could probably get by without the bottom tube section and just terminate each side at the saddle, saving the clearance.
I would put in some short tubes/bushings in the mount holes if you haven't already.

Yeah I gave the tubes a thought hasn't sandwiched yet. There's still some tinkering to be done before I paint it and call it done.

Yeah I gave the tubes a thought hasn't sandwiched yet. There's still some tinkering to be done before I paint it and call it done.
In stead of sleeving the rect tubing you could use bigger diameter tubes/pipe so you could recess the bolt shanks and nuts inside the rect tubing.

In stead of sleeving the rect tubing you could use bigger diameter tubes/pipe so you could recess the bolt shanks and nuts inside the rect tubing.

I'm not overly worried about exposed threads and clearance. This won't seemuch more than the odd fire road and camp trail. This will get redone sometime in the future. This mainly helps me get the exhaust done and get it driving again.

Last edited:
the washers were installed correctly. The upped side goes away from the bushing on eyelet type shocks. On a post style shock like a 60 or 80 front top
mount, the washers go cup side toward bushing. The washers are a different shape on the two styles

the washers were installed correctly. The upped side goes away from the bushing on eyelet type shocks. On a post style shock like a 60 or 80 front top
mount, the washers go cup side toward bushing. The washers are a different shape on the two styles

Yes, someone already posted a diagram.

Took it out to play in the snow.
20230330_141800.jpg

Welded up the trans cover. (will cut proper holes once tub is reinstalled)

Sprayed 2 coats of epoxy primer and 3 coats of SW Genesis 309 freeborn red down this morning.

Ready to set tub next week and get to the bodywork on the outer tub, hood, fenders and all doors.

J

PXL_20230331_194947496.jpg

PXL_20230331_201052714.jpg

PXL_20230328_170110362.jpg

PXL_20230328_181607422.jpg

PXL_20230328_183126309.jpg

good thing you brought the ice chest. Wouldn't want the drinks getting warm
The cooler carrier barely holds all the beer and ice! ;)

Sprayed 2 coats of epoxy primer and 3 coats of SW Genesis 309 freeborn red down this morning.

Ready to set tub next week and get to the bodywork on the outer tub, hood, fenders and all doors.

J

View attachment 3287559

View attachment 3287560

View attachment 3287561

View attachment 3287563

View attachment 3287564
That big hole was for dropping lit firecrackers on a group run. You time it so it goes off just as someone passes over it. It's amazing how wide eyed a person can get

J

View attachment 3287559

View attachment 3287560

View attachment 3287561

View attachment 3287563

View attachment 3287564
Jason,
I thought the Genesis was a high gloss or did the texture come from the primer?
How do you like it compared to a tinted Epoxy primer sealer?

Jason,
I thought the Genesis was a high gloss or did the texture come from the primer?
How do you like it compared to a tinted Epoxy primer sealer?

There are several Genesis products. This is the polyurea DTM and I shoot it at 80-90PSI from 2-6 feet away. Buillds nicely with a shutz gun. Fine texture and quite abrasive resistant; not to mention UV and chemical resistant. We used this product for years when I worked for Chevron (other oil/gas companies) and inspected piping and structural steel fabshops.

I never tint epoxy primer. If painting; I use a color appropriate sealer between primer and paint. With SW Genesis tinting is pointless.

Jason
TT

How doyou likethe tweeters while driving? Been considering that addition for a while now. Need a little more sound at the ears!
My hearing isnt that good but i think they work. I have two marine speakers on the roll bar behind my head so thought i should add them to balance things out. Theoretically they should be in the right spot. Easy to install without cutting or drilling and not expensive (walmart specials).

There are several Genesis products. This is the polyurea DTM and I shoot it at 80-90PSI from 2-6 feet away. Buillds nicely with a shutz gun. Fine texture and quite abrasive resistant; not to mention UV and chemical resistant. We used this product for years when I worked for Chevron (other oil/gas companies) and inspected piping and structural steel fabshops.

I never tint epoxy primer. If painting; I use a color appropriate sealer between primer and paint. With SW Genesis tinting is pointless.

Jason
TT
We have a paint shop that is shooting a lot of the rat rods in a tintable epoxy primer sealer. A one shot deal. It cures in a fine satin texture. Since I'm going with Toyota's Lunar Rock on my 60 , I might try that route. I prefer a satin to a gloss on my trucks. I'm too hard on my trucks for a flawless gloss paint job. It will last until I push it between two rocks that are an inch too close together

We have a paint shop that is shooting a lot of the rat rods in a tintable epoxy primer sealer. A one shot deal. It cures in a fine satin texture. Since I'm going with Toyota's Lunar Rock on my 60 , I might try that route. I prefer a satin to a gloss on my trucks. I'm too hard on my trucks for a flawless gloss paint job. It will last until I push it between two rocks that are an inch too close together

Just finished spraying this 60 in lunar Rock.
PXL_20230221_171415342.jpg
PXL_20230214_155604309.jpg
PXL_20230221_171930875.jpg
PXL_20230221_171402028.jpg
Base/clear, sealer, epoxy.

Yes, I'm going to take the 40 back to him next time I'm in town and have a few sets made.
I’d be interested in one. Have been looking for options for a top like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom