What dashcam are you using in your 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since most rear-end collision is not your fault……….I concentrate only on the front. I really don’t need more evidence about what I am doing (via interior/driver cam) if i crash.
haha good point.
I mounted my interior at the rear most edge of the overhead console and probably just my head is in the image.

haha good point.
I mounted my interior at the rear most edge of the overhead console and probably just my head is in the image.
Yeah………but why give more ammunition that may go against you……just saying……

You need the front to protect you from someone in front car slamming brakes for no reason or you’re braking for a deer (as examples). Front collision is mostly your fault…so you want evidence to free you from that if it is not your fault.

Rear collision of your car is rarely your fault. It is up to the guy/gal ramming you to disprove their negligence.

Interior cam is just useless…and can only be used against u.

Just my view, YMMV.

Since most rear-end collision is not your fault……….I concentrate only on the front. I really don’t need more evidence about what I am doing (via interior/driver cam) if i crash.

Yeah, thats why I went to scope out a rear wiring solution, and when i saw it required disassembling half the truck to run the wire to the front master unit, i said F it...

I dont like the rear facing front mounting solutions at all. Call me crazy, im not trying to be recorded 24/7.

Yeah, thats why I went to scope out a rear wiring solution, and when i saw it required disassembling half the truck to run the wire to the front master unit, i said F it...

I dont like the rear facing front mounting solutions at all. Call me crazy, im not trying to be recorded 24/7.
adding a rear camera isn't that hard

3M double stick tape to the underside of the spoiler.
I went overboard and loosened the spoiler and ran the wire under there and then up and over the door and into one of the rubber grommets and then into the rear hatch via the rubber conduit tube.

But you could just tuck it along the seam.

Then you run the wire along the seam of the headliner and plastic trim...tucking with a small plastic tool until you get to the front.

To each his own.

Having a rear tire carrier and a packed rear compartment and zero rear visibility sucks.
Also when towing, being able to see behind the trailer is very convenient. Not only for changing lanes but also for backing the trailer up.
Interior cam I get it....unless you are un Uber driver no real need....

but it also shuts down arguments between the kids fast when its he said she said and I say "want me to look at the video to see who hit who?????" Usually a quick confession and a sorry and back to family fun time LOLOL. Big Brother is watching

adding a rear camera isn't that hard

3M double stick tape to the underside of the spoiler.
I went overboard and loosened the spoiler and ran the wire under there and then up and over the door and into one of the rubber grommets and then into the rear hatch via the rubber conduit tube.

But you could just tuck it along the seam.

Then you run the wire along the seam of the headliner and plastic trim...tucking with a small plastic tool until you get to the front.

To each his own.

Having a rear tire carrier and a packed rear compartment and zero rear visibility sucks.
Also when towing, being able to see behind the trailer is very convenient. Not only for changing lanes but also for backing the trailer up.
Interior cam I get it....unless you are un Uber driver no real need....

but it also shuts down arguments between the kids fast when its he said she said and I say "want me to look at the video to see who hit who?????" Usually a quick confession and a sorry and back to family fun time LOLOL. Big Brother is watching

Hah, dont give my wife any ideas please.
I did try to scope the tuck method, it worked great in the front, but everything is super tightly sealed back there in my truck.
Almost every piece of the interior is different, and there was not a single good seam to use.

Giving me lots to consider.

Last edited:
That is interesting….all 3 in one. Do you have any pics of it mounted in your 200?
I didn't hook up the rear camera, I don't have the patience to try to hide the wire from front to back. I just have it mounted under the rearview with the power adaptor. You don't even notice it, plus no wires hanging down the windshield and no fussy with trying to hide wires under the trim

Screenshot_20230330_205637_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Hah, dont give my wife any ideas please.
I did try to scope the tuck method, it worked great in the front, but everything is super tightly sealed back there in my truck.
Almost every piece of the interior is different, and there was not a single good seam to use.
I had to disassemble the interior. It was a punch in the 'nethers for sure. The way I look at it is insurance to give my side of the story more credence when asked by parties who don't have my best interest at heart (think overzealous insurance agent, DA's, etc). My rear is under the rear brake light on the interior with camera positioned near exit of rear defrost element. If you want, I can post pics later.

I had to disassemble the interior. It was a punch in the 'nethers for sure. The way I look at it is insurance to give my side of the story more credence when asked by parties who don't have my best interest at heart (think overzealous insurance agent, DA's, etc). My rear is under the rear brake light on the interior with camera positioned near exit of rear defrost element. If you want, I can post pics later.

Please do! Very interested. A lot of guys forget just how different my model year is. I have an entirely different body and interior. As well as electronics, and transmission. Tried to have a thread started on this but it didnt catch on. Id give it a couple more years until the board is crawling with later LXs…

Just installed it last weekend:

Amazon product ASIN B0BV9Q26QL
Some minor quirks, but great build quality overall. Solid picture too. Great to be able to invert picture for alternative mounting and creative cable routing.
This is what I run in my LC and Audi. Good picture/video quality. Been using for years. Hardwired and using their optional Power Magic Pro < which looks like they don't offer anymore and replaced with battery pack.

Please do! Very interested. A lot of guys forget just how different my model year is. I have an entirely different body and interior. As well as electronics, and transmission. Tried to have a thread started on this but it didnt catch on. Id give it a couple more years until the board is crawling with later LXs…
Pics aren’t the best. It’s raining today. First pic shows camera from open hatch. Cable routed through rubber grommet tube thing (technical name - I checked) along side the source tubing for the rear windshield fluid nozzle. THAT was a fun short run massaging the conduit to facilitate cable entry. I used a rubber grommet I dilated with several repurposed tools to allow for the BlackVue camera adapter through and still be tight enough to work.

Second pic shows what is visible from exterior. Yes, I have tinted windows. But you can still see from the inside for appropriate definition.

I made it offset to minimize amount of wiring hanging inside between the grommet and camera. I wanted as discreet of an install as possible.

There’s another thread where I get hand held A LOT. The guys there helped me through for sure!

I think it’s titled something like “hardwiring dash cam” or similar. It’ll give a lot of ideas where to find pictures of disassembly and how to go about it from guys who were trailblazers.

A10FDD89-D5E7-4B50-AC78-5D8EE792F378.jpeg

F3AE2516-F8F0-465C-BDC3-32F12A6361DB.jpeg

I kind of wish I had done a front and rear, but I haven’t tackled running wires to the back in a 200 yet. In my 80 and 100 I had it wasn’t too difficult, but I’ve read the LC200 is more difficult.

I bought this one below. I cut the end of the 12v plug so I could hard wire it to my fuse block Ininstalled in the kick panel of the DS…it would not turn on…soni mocked it back up to the 12v plug and it worked, so I Mcgyver’d it by connecting the 12v plug back up to the camera and then soldered wires on the ground of the 12 volt plug (side clips) and the positive point on the end and then ran those wires to the fuseblock and it works fine. Must be some type of start transistor or something in the end of the 12v plug, although I hardwired my RoadTop with no issues. 🤷‍♂️

OMBAR Dash Cam 2K Built-in WiFi Car Camera, Dash Camera for Cars with Free 32G SD Card, Front Dashcam, Dash Camera Night Vision, Loop Recording, G-Sensor, 24 Hours Parking Monitor, APP, 150°Wide Angle https://a.co/d/6iNo0Ie

I can say this was the most involved tear down for wire routing I’ve done.

I ran some stuff in my old truck for some SPDT switches both front and rear. The function definitely was there, but my personal wiring form needs polish. Some of the guys here with their fuse blocks might have a stroke if they saw the debacle of wiring under the hood/relay design, etc.

I can say this was the most involved tear down for wire routing I’ve done.

I ran some stuff in my old truck for some SPDT switches both front and rear. The function definitely was there, but my personal wiring form needs polish. Some of the guys here with their fuse blocks might have a stroke if they saw the debacle of wiring under the hood/relay design, etc.
I’m not a pro by any means, and when removing the panel just above the gas/brake pedals where my fuseblock is mounted there are lots of wires. I probably need to shorten them to reduce the rats nest.

I might end up doing some sound deadening as my next project and if I do I’ll likely pull the rear carpet and panels out and can run stuff to the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom