Replace 18" wheels with 16" from earlier years (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The ride will change if the net weight of the wheel tire combo is different.

Soon going from 285/65/18 Nitto Ridge Grappler to 285/75/16 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, is there anything drastic I should be expecting? Perhaps losing 1 or 2 MPG or lose a few HP when acclerating?

@landarcht - Not the same as what you are doing, but I went from the OEM 18" wheels with 275/65/18's (some cheap A/T tire) to OEM 16" wheels with 295/75/16 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I went from an average of 18mpg to just under 16mpg now. Definitely feels heavy accelerating.

@landarcht - Not the same as what you are doing, but I went from the OEM 18" wheels with 275/65/18's (some cheap A/T tire) to OEM 16" wheels with 295/75/16 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I went from an average of 18mpg to just under 16mpg now. Definitely feels heavy accelerating.
AVERAGE of 18 mpg? Where is this mythical fairy land, where every destination is downhill?

AVERAGE of 18 mpg? Where is this mythical fairy land, where every destination is downhill?
Haha, there is a lot of up and down and not much traffic so I do a lot of coasting on the downhills. And I have the 2nd and 3rd rows removed with really no additional weight added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom