So what's a D40 big window carb going for these days (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
I have one in decent shape, going to go fuel injection. This is on my 64. Sorry to ask but prices are hard to find.
Also have an early master.
20180729_172722.jpg
20180729_180129.jpg

Sd 40 in that shape, it will take auction to decide. Tin cup master, Best part is the cup. They went to plastic so original tin cups can be exchanged on a new cylinder , becoming original.

top on your master cylinder is missing the breather cap

top on your master cylinder is missing the breather cap
^ This. But the tin cup in good shape is harder to find than a cap with breather cover. Or so I would think. One of my tin cups leaked, but the cap was OK. Had to hunt up a better cup.

b3d58650-273e-458b-b48a-2d0866caf8e0-jpeg.1619963

Last carb I bought like that was $250 about three months ago. The way classifieds have been working just list it for 1$ and let the PM bids decide. Yes I’m aware this is not how the classifieds are suppose to work but that’s what’s going on.

@thecrazygreek

you stated in another thread the carb sold.

would you enlighten us to the selling price on the carb?

I have one in decent shape, going to go fuel injection. This is on my 64. Sorry to ask but prices are hard to find.
Also have an early master.
View attachment 1755648 View attachment 1755652

Does it have the blue/grey plate behind the sight glass? The plate is probably the hardest part to find and I'm sure worth more if it's there. Most of mine that plate was MIA when I got them.

Does it have the blue/grey plate behind the sight glass? The plate is probably the hardest part to find and I'm sure worth more if it's there. Most of mine that plate was MIA when I got them.

were they only they blue? I've got at least 1 that is grey. so I was thinking they were either blue or grey. different years??

were they only they blue? I've got at least 1 that is grey. so I was thinking they were either blue or grey. different years??

I'm not sure what years got which color since so few I gotten even had a plate. The few I have not even sure where I got them anymore. Possibly stripped from junkyards. Seems half the early cruisers I've bought had Rodchester or Carter carburetor on them. Thought grey was earlier blue but not sure.

Not a carb bump or question, but a tin cup resto question 😂.

@andybudge what is that coating on your tin cups and how was it applied?

Had mine repaired. New Bases made.

@oregon fj not sure if you’re still playing on this forum but did you do anything more coating wise to your tin cups other than maybe just polish them?
^ This. But the tin cup in good shape is harder to find than a cap with breather cover. Or so I would think. One of my tin cups leaked, but the cap was OK. Had to hunt up a better cup.

b3d58650-273e-458b-b48a-2d0866caf8e0-jpeg.1619963

@oregon fj not sure if you’re still playing on this forum but did you do anything more coating wise to your tin cups other than maybe just polish them?
I think I soaked them in a can of POR Metal Prep. That strips the rust and leaves a thin phosphate to prevent flash rust.

Thanks @oregon fj I think I have a can of that. Was also thinking about Tinning butter that has lead in it that will leave a coating of tin/lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom